News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Colgan Air Flight 3407 crash update

Started by Caliga, May 13, 2009, 01:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

How much does this illustrate the gap in competency in pilots between major airlines and the regional commuter world? Or is it just an outlier?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 02:37:07 PM
How much does this illustrate the gap in competency in pilots between major airlines and the regional commuter world? Or is it just an outlier?

There must be some correlation between salary and competency.  My co-worker's husband is a UPS veteran pilot, who (though she's never been specific) must make six figures-plus to fund their lifestyle, and he's been with them for 13 years I think, and prior to that was a C-130 pilot in the Coast Guard.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

garbon

Regional airlines. What an interesting concept.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2009, 02:42:07 PM
Regional airlines. What an interesting concept.

I hate open mike night.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2009, 01:25:11 PM
This is going to become a case study in pilot training.
And damages lawsuits. :P

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 13, 2009, 02:48:00 PMMy standards have kept me safe and sound since 1986.

:rolleyes: You would have extended her flaps and ridden her in for the touchdown flare, admit it.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 13, 2009, 02:49:03 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 13, 2009, 02:48:00 PMMy standards have kept me safe and sound since 1986.

:rolleyes: You would have extended her flaps and ridden her in for the touchdown flare, admit it.

Seriously, I doubt it.

Zanza

$16,000? Pilots (Lufthansa) here make that per month.

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza2 on May 13, 2009, 03:01:45 PM
$16,000? Pilots (Lufthansa) here make that per month.

But they probably know their letters and shit.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

She's too old for him.  You know what MB loves about high school girls and child brides?  He gets older, but they stay the same age.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on May 13, 2009, 03:06:32 PM

She's too old for him.  You know what MB loves about high school girls and child brides?  He gets older, but they stay the same age.

:D

lustindarkness

I would screw up the landing at the last minute so that we had to circle around and try again.  :boff:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Caliga

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 13, 2009, 03:14:06 PM
I would screw up the landing at the last minute so that we had to circle around and try again.  :boff:
:lol:

"Abort!  Abort!  Abo---ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!" :perv: