News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

25 years old and deep in debt

Started by CountDeMoney, September 10, 2012, 10:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Lulz, semester's not even a week old, first 18-year old drinks herself to death at Towson.

At least it was during the add/drop period, so I'm certain her folks can get most of the tuition refunded.

Valmy

Any withdrawal prior to the 12th class day give you a 100% refund with only a small matriculation fee.  That should cover the burial expenses.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

If your roommate commits suicide, you get As for the rest of the semester.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

As it happened in off-campus housing, it may make the Baltimore Sun, but not CLERY Act statistics.  Whew, says Admissions.

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on September 08, 2014, 09:47:27 PM
If your roommate commits suicide, you get As for the rest of the semester.
I wonder if anyone got to be a valedictorian after having eight roommates off themselves?  That would be one hell of a depressing speech at the graduation.  :hmm:

Tonitrus

[BB] Classmates who supplied alcohol to the underage student should face manslaughter/negligent homicide charges.  :sleep: [/BB]

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 08, 2014, 10:00:18 PM
[BB] Classmates who supplied alcohol to the underage student should face manslaughter/negligent homicide charges.  :sleep: [/BB]

BB lived in civilized jurisdictions where the drinking age is/was 18.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

LOL, frontier life, all civilized and whatnot.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2014, 09:42:14 PM
Lulz, semester's not even a week old, first 18-year old drinks herself to death at Towson.

At least it was during the add/drop period, so I'm certain her folks can get most of the tuition refunded.

Here in Canada, first year student toasted by lightning.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/09/05/firstyear_university_of_waterloo_student_killed_by_lightning.html

For Ide: she was totally STEM, into nanotech.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 12, 2014, 03:52:41 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 12, 2014, 03:49:20 PM
538 looks at the economics of  college majors: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-economic-guide-to-picking-a-college-major/

And Ide swoons.

Ide needs to pay very close attention to the STEM section where the author talks about the overly broad brush the area gets painted with and how it isn't all flowers and rainbows in it.

Ideologue

Yeah, but flowers can grow because sometimes it actually does fucking rain in it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)