News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

25 years old and deep in debt

Started by CountDeMoney, September 10, 2012, 10:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on September 08, 2014, 11:04:27 AM
My point was that having your body viewed primarily as a vehicle for sexual satisfaction for men, and the attendant ability to cash in on that formally or informally, is not privilege.

It's an option others don't have.  No one is forced to be a gold digger.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2014, 03:52:04 PM
My point was that having your body viewed primarily as a vehicle for sexual satisfaction for men, and the attendant ability to cash in on that formally or informally, is not privilege.

It's an option others don't have.  No one is forced to be a gold digger.

Yes and no. It may be that you are forced if you are not afforded alternative options.

Martinus

Quote from: Ideologue on September 08, 2014, 12:51:05 AM
Well, if that didn't work, how about the ol' standby: fuck you, you fat old hag.

You should have asked about Dawid. Wiktor is so 2008.  :secret:

Malthus

Hetero men can be gold-diggers too - it is just more common at a different age: women have an easier time gold-digging when young, and men have an easier time gold-digging when old. Find an elderly and lonely widow with cash when you are an old dude, and bob's your uncle, apparently.  ;)

Well, I gess you can do that when you are young too, but with more social disapproval.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on September 08, 2014, 03:57:17 PM
Yes and no. It may be that you are forced if you are not afforded alternative options.

It may be that the redundantly repetitive alternative options are not preferable because gold digging is such easy, well-compensated work.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2014, 04:31:33 PM

It may be that the redundantly repetitive alternative options are not preferable because gold digging is such easy, well-compensated work.

The legal system is also very conducive to it. Nice gig if you can get it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2014, 04:31:33 PM

It may.

Is there a particular conclusion you wish us to draw from that possibility?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on September 08, 2014, 05:28:09 PM

That the post by Marty is not correct.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 08, 2014, 05:55:51 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 08, 2014, 05:28:09 PM

That the post by Marty is not correct.

Asoka.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 07, 2014, 11:24:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 07, 2014, 11:20:53 PM
Gamer nerds could have murdered Anita Sarkeesian a long time ago that way.

:lol: 

10 Cls
20 Disable air bag
30 Sleep
40 End

I laughed
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Yeah, and you're good guy. Would be a pity to lose you to the brain-eater.

Agreed.

Even so, those capable of wielding power over others, will.  Care should be taken always when it comes to power dynamics.

QuoteYour diagnosis of "envy" is not incorrect.  It's not so much that I think that the world, as currently ordered, is better for women, necessarily; only that as it is currently ordered, with my personality, I'd have found it easier as a woman.  Of course, that's unknowable without some very powerful models and an exceptionally good computer, so it need not be something I dwell upon. :)

I don't think I diagnosed "envy"?  :huh:

My diagnosis, should you want it, is an unhealthy combination of frustration, over-thinking, and inertia. While envy does rear its head occasionally, I think it's a result of the former three. Should you get the over-thinking in check, take some actions to improve your situation, and have it work out (key part, there), then I think any envy stuff, such as it is, will recede.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's why I've said for years, and you all tell me I need medication. :P

I'm feeling much better lately.  I don't even know what I'm going to tell the therapist I'm starting to see Thursday.  I guess how I did feel. :unsure:

Anyway, on topic: DEATH TO THE LAW SCHOOL! DEATH TO THE LIBERAL ARTS! STEM IS GREAT!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ideologue on September 08, 2014, 08:15:36 PM
Yeah, and you're good guy. Would be a pity to lose you to the brain-eater.

Agreed.

Even so, those capable of wielding power over others, will.  Care should be taken always when it comes to power dynamics.

QuoteYour diagnosis of "envy" is not incorrect.  It's not so much that I think that the world, as currently ordered, is better for women, necessarily; only that as it is currently ordered, with my personality, I'd have found it easier as a woman.  Of course, that's unknowable without some very powerful models and an exceptionally good computer, so it need not be something I dwell upon. :)

I don't think I diagnosed "envy"?  :huh:

My diagnosis, should you want it, is an unhealthy combination of frustration, over-thinking, and inertia. While envy does rear its head occasionally, I think it's a result of the former three. Should you get the over-thinking in check, take some actions to improve your situation, and have it work out (key part, there), then I think any envy stuff, such as it is, will recede.

Yeah, that's why I've said for years, and you all tell me I need medication. :P

I'm feeling much better lately.  I don't even know what I'm going to tell the therapist I'm starting to see Thursday.  I guess how I did feel. :unsure:

Anyway, on topic: TIME TO BREAK ME DOWN AND REBUILD ME
[/quote]You don't just overthink, you overtalk.

Leave home. Join a circus or some shit.  Rediscover America.
PDH!

Ideologue

I think you should take down and rebuild that quote structure, holmes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Ideologue on September 08, 2014, 08:22:01 PM
I think you should take down and rebuild that quote structure, holmes.
Yeah, but I won't Ideas. You wanna know why? Because my whole fucking life revolves around that. And so does yours. THis was my rebellion. You need to find yours.
PDH!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue