Main Menu

25 years old and deep in debt

Started by CountDeMoney, September 10, 2012, 10:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on November 30, 2016, 05:19:50 PM
The Wall Street Journal, apparently still full of hack partistans who, in fact, are probably too intelligent to be this retarded by accident.
I often get the feeling that some time ago, Republicans (the sane ones, not just the alt-right shit), made a logical mistake and got married to it.  Noting that sometimes the best policy is the one that's seemingly cruel, they then reversed the logic and assumed that every cruel decision must be the right one.

Valmy

I have two loans. One is a very low interest Fed Loan. The other is a border-line usurious private one which I would like to get refinanced.

But I am too damn proud to take advantage of this. Any money I borrow I will pay back. No welcher here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I put hundred dollar bills on my bed and roll naked on them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2016, 08:23:13 PM
I have two loans. One is a very low interest Fed Loan. The other is a border-line usurious private one which I would like to get refinanced.

But I am too damn proud to take advantage of this. Any money I borrow I will pay back. No welcher here.

I'm sure Osiris will take that into account when he weighs your heart against the Feather of Truth. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on November 30, 2016, 08:22:18 PM
The Wall Street Journal, apparently still full of hack partistans who, in fact, are probably too intelligent to be this retarded by accident.
I often get the feeling that some time ago, Republicans (the sane ones, not just the alt-right shit), made a logical mistake and got married to it.  Noting that sometimes the best policy is the one that's seemingly cruel, they then reversed the logic and assumed that every cruel decision must be the right one.

It's not just cruelty.  It's also no good: getting rid of IBR/IDR does not mean that suddenly a ton of loans start getting repaid by individuals, rather than by taxpayers.  It means that a ton of loans stop being paid period.  Even bringing back debtor's prisons doesn't make money magically appear in debtors' pockets.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Meanwhile, as for grouping doctors and lawyers together with generic "graduate degree holders," Jesus Christ, that's idiotic.  I don't know exactly what a first-year at the big history firms make, but I'm pretty sure it isn't a ton.  Even M.A. holders in STEM fields can have a very hard time.

IIRC, my brother-in-law's first year at what is now known as DLA Piper right out of (a public) law school was ~$120K, circa 2002.  Of course, that came with the insane expectation of about 2,500 billable hours  :bleeding:

QuoteAnybody who manages to get a federal government job is already lucky,

Fuck those people.  Anything any of those people ever say that can be even remotely considered as "conservative" is automatically dismissed as bullshit, because they're the biggest fucking welfare queens of all.  Yeah, you know who you are. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 30, 2016, 08:22:18 PM

Funny how they didn't become "cruel" until they got into bed with the megachurches.

Monoriu

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2016, 08:28:13 PM

Bank notes are dirty, and it is bad manners to damage them. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: Monoriu on November 30, 2016, 10:31:04 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2016, 08:28:13 PM

Bank notes are dirty, and it is bad manners to damage them.

Let your freak flag fly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2016, 09:44:30 PM
Fuck those people.  Anything any of those people ever say that can be even remotely considered as "conservative" is automatically dismissed as bullshit, because they're the biggest fucking welfare queens of all.  Yeah, you know who you are.

:ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2016, 10:52:25 PM

OK, Mr. Not Appearing In This Country.

Monoriu

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2016, 10:52:25 PM

I don't know where the welfare queen part comes from.  Last night I worked until midnight.  Same thing happened last week.  Next week I am supposed to work on a Saturday.  Lots of people work on Sundays.  All without overtime payment or even time-off in lieu. 

CountDeMoney

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2016, 10:55:09 PM
OK, Mr. Not Appearing In This Country.

Still applies in Canada though - BB's got it pretty cushy.