The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2012, 12:59:58 AM
Don't you?  Balanced budgets?  Welfare reform?

What kind of question is that?  After 3.5 years of Obama, of course I miss Clinton.  I'd say just about any sane person would prefer Clinton over Obama.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on September 06, 2012, 09:28:33 AM
I say 200.5k

It could be 850,000.  Still doesn't change the fact that I'm not one of them.

Gups

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2012, 09:24:40 AM
ADP's saying 201K, and they're usually right on the money enough for Wall Street to gamble on it, it's still not enough.

What would be good?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Gups on September 06, 2012, 09:40:16 AM
ADP's saying 201K, and they're usually right on the money enough for Wall Street to gamble on it, it's still not enough.

What would be good?

+1: Me.

Faeelin

Clinton gave a great speech, but does this really matter? Who's going to be watching it who wasn't already going to vote Dem?

alfred russel

Quote from: Gups on September 06, 2012, 09:40:16 AM

What would be good?

That is probably just a bit over the level to keep up with population growth. With a smaller population base, the Clinton administration averaged over that number.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Gups

Quote from: Faeelin on September 06, 2012, 10:09:23 AM
Clinton gave a great speech, but does this really matter? Who's going to be watching it who wasn't already going to vote Dem?

As I understand it the conventions are all about energising the base and getting the donations in.

derspiess

Quote from: Gups on September 06, 2012, 10:19:25 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on September 06, 2012, 10:09:23 AM

As I understand it the conventions are all about energising the base and getting the donations in.

Historically each party's convention generates a certain bounce in the polls.  That seems to be a bit less so in recent years, but there is still considerable effort by both to reach out to undecided voters.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2012, 10:31:28 AM
Meh =- I said it was wrong to judge the GOP by the actions of a few individual delegates, and I'll say the same about the Democrats.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-29-2012/rnc-2012---the-road-to-jeb-bush-2016---the-republican-platform
At the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Samantha Bee learns that government is meant to protect the individual liberties of everyone lacking a uterus.

Gups

I can't see the vid, but I enjoyed this comment:

"what is interesting, is that when you look at murders in this nation, the mass majority are committed by people on the left. Just of the top, we know that black Americans (12% of the population) commit 50% of the murders, and 98% of them voted for Obama.

If we held presidential elections in our prison systems, republicans would never get a vote."

CountDeMoney

Awesome.  98% of half the nations' murderers voted for Obama.  Shame they didn't bring that little nugget up in Tampa last week.

derspiess

Quote from: Gups on September 06, 2012, 10:39:23 AM
I can't see the vid, but I enjoyed this comment:

"what is interesting, is that when you look at murders in this nation, the mass majority are committed by people on the left. Just of the top, we know that black Americans (12% of the population) commit 50% of the murders, and 98% of them voted for Obama.

If we held presidential elections in our prison systems, republicans would never get a vote."

DISREGARD THE COMMENTS