The DNC KenyanCommieMooselimbDidn'tBuildIt MegaThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, September 03, 2012, 10:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

GOP will be shitting Clinton's santorum for months.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Queequeg on September 05, 2012, 09:05:49 PM
Sandra Fluke is incredibly cute.
I don't know about "incredibly", but I'll back you on the judgment call. :thumbsup:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Just caught video of the dude botching the oral vote twice on the revised platform.  Hilarious.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

I just watched about the first half hour of Clinton's speech.  Damn.  Pretty good.  And this from a guy who wanted both Bush 41 and Dole to win in their respective elections.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2012, 12:15:06 AM
I just watched about the first half hour of Clinton's speech.  Damn.  Pretty good.  And this from a guy who wanted both Bush 41 and Dole to win in their respective elections.

Everyone likes Clinton these days.  I watched clips of the speech and the one part that bugged me was the defensive bit about how nobody could have turned the economy around in four years.  Seemed like he was making excuses for Obama-- I would have just avoided that entirely.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2012, 12:37:54 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 06, 2012, 12:15:06 AM

Everyone likes Clinton these days.  I watched clips of the speech and the one part that bugged me was the defensive bit about how nobody could have turned the economy around in four years.  Seemed like he was making excuses for Obama-- I would have just avoided that entirely.

Don't you?  Balanced budgets?  Welfare reform?

Hell - I'll even say kind words about Jean Chretien I never thought I would say.  He may have been a thieving, corrupt crook, but at least he balanced the budget.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2012, 05:22:02 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 05, 2012, 11:41:01 AM
Quote from: Gups on September 05, 2012, 11:31:56 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80731.html#ixzz25bHPABQa

GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan said President Barack Obama's administration "purged" mentions of God from the Democratic Party platform Wednesday.

"I think it's rather peculiar," Ryan said on "Fox & Friends." "It's not in keeping with our founding documents, our founding vision. I'd guess you'd have to ask the Obama administration why they purged all this language from their platform. There sure is a lot of mention of government. I guess I would just put the onus and the burden on them to explain why they did all this, these purges of God."

Do our "founding documents" reference god? The Declaration of Independence references "creator", but I don't think god comes up in the constitution.

Well apparently the Dem leaders grew concerned:

http://news.yahoo.com/democrats-change-platform-add-god-jerusalem-211928130--election.html

QuoteEmbarrassed by Republicans, Democrats amended their convention platform Wednesday to add a mention of God and declare that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

Many in the audience booed after the convention chairman, Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, ruled that the amendments had been approved despite the fact that a large group of delegates objected. He called for a vote three times before ruling.

:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

200k jobs added. If Obama gives a good speech, it could open up.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: Queequeg on September 06, 2012, 08:56:48 AM
200k jobs added.

I'm seeing 135k, but anyway I wonder what the number will be once it's revised downward next week :P

QuoteIf Obama gives a good speech, it could open up.

Dunno.  There are very few undecideds at this point.  Romney got a microscopic bounce from the GOP convention.  Obama may get a bounce after this week, but I wouldn't count on it opening up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2012, 09:09:16 AM
Quote from: Queequeg on September 06, 2012, 08:56:48 AM
200k jobs added.

I'm seeing 135k, but anyway I wonder what the number will be once it's revised downward next week :P

ADP's saying 201K, and they're usually right on the money enough for Wall Street to gamble on it, it's still not enough.

derspiess