Clockwork Empires, from the makers of Dungeons of Dredmor

Started by Syt, August 28, 2012, 04:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on August 28, 2012, 04:49:45 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 04:09:05 PM
You people are gonna get a hex put on you.

There's a lot of people who enjoy hex games on this forum.

WHY ISN'T ADMIRAL HORTHY RATED HIGHER?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Maximus on August 28, 2012, 02:06:40 PM
Sounds promising, but I'm dubious of their claim to be like Dwarf Fortress, but accessible. Dwarf Fortress isn't that inaccessible and I doubt any game developed for profit will have the depth of Dwarf Fortress.
Its as inaccessible as a safe inside a box inside a safe in a submarine 1000 leagues beneath the artctic ice, guarded by sharks and trolls.
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Maximus

Ed Anger

Thanks to the mention of Space:1889, I've been RPG shopping.

THANKS A LOT.  :mad:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 07:16:40 PM
Thanks to the mention of Space:1889, I've been RPG shopping.

THANKS A LOT.  :mad:

:lol:

Start stockpiling those little black Traveler books, man. ;)

Ed Anger

I've still got the old Mercenary book.  :lol:

Looks like I'll have to get off my ass and go to the local comic book/game store. Damn nerds.

Ed Anger

I just re-discovered Steve Jackson games pdf store. OH MY GOD.

My credit card: burning

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 07:44:21 PM

Yeah, I get all the Ars Magica books there;  they deliver fast.  And you'll always get some bonus Munchkins stuff as well.  :P

Ed Anger

Tamas

Quote from: Maximus on August 28, 2012, 07:11:51 PM
Or an imagination

The complaint is not about graphics, or gameplay. Should I be imagining an interface from the early 1990s or something? :P

You guys remind me of this Unix teacher guy: "the built in word processor in AIX is the best word processor ever, once you learn the keyboard commands"

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 07:58:59 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 28, 2012, 07:44:21 PM

Yeah, I get all the Ars Magica books there;  they deliver fast.  And you'll always get some bonus Munchkins stuff as well.  :P

You play Ars Magica? It's my favourite rpg of all times.

szmik

Quote from: Tamas on August 29, 2012, 01:38:29 AM
Or an imagination

The complaint is not about graphics, or gameplay. Should I be imagining an interface from the early 1990s or something? :P

You guys remind me of this Unix teacher guy: "the built in word processor in AIX is the best word processor ever, once you learn the keyboard commands"

You completely miss the point.  :huh:  It's not like it's 80's Atari graphics.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Tamas

Quote from: szmik on August 29, 2012, 02:42:04 AM
Quote from: Tamas on August 29, 2012, 01:38:29 AM
Or an imagination

You completely miss the point.  :huh:  It's not like it's 80's Atari graphics.

No, you miss the point. it has a too cumbersome interface.

Josquius

Yep. Its the interface which really kills it. The graphics suck but that's a distant secondary factor. The gameplay is inaccessible with the interface as it is so on that a comment can't be made.
██████
██████
██████