News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The GOP Convention MegaMittensThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, August 27, 2012, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

It mostly is an aggregator but they also have some staff now.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 29, 2012, 01:05:30 PM
Something called "Yahoo News" shouldn't be in existence, anyway.
I have little use for Yahoo, but the future of news is automated. Assuming Yahoo uses automatic news aggregation they'll probably be one of the ones left standing when all the deadwood falls down.

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 29, 2012, 01:20:11 PM
I thought Yahoo was a news aggregator like Google, didn't know they had reporters.

They started getting into content creation a few years ago.  Some of it has been pretty good.

QuoteIn GOP race relations, Jeb Bush said today that the party needs to stop being silly on immigration. It didn't help that when a delegate was speaking with a Spanish accent last night the crowd drowned them out with chants of USA. Apparently the video's got lots of traction in Spanish language news sites.

They were chanting that the whole day, including during Ann Romney's speech.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

:lol:

That's really all I have for an article that barely even speaks about Romney till the last half and then just expects you to agree to their translations of the ad.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on August 29, 2012, 03:02:05 PM
This one's for CdM and garbon: http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-election/why-and-how-romney-is-playing-the-race-card-20120829?page=1

That's pretty much a regurgitation of all the other "dog whistle politics" BS that's been slung around.  Lord knows Chris Matthews went off on that last night every chance he got.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

So I gather the GOP convention is just cover for a massive Klan rally?  'The solution to our budget woes is...MORE LYNCHINGS'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2012, 03:19:35 PM
So I gather the GOP convention is just cover for a massive Klan rally?  'The solution to our budget woes is...MORE LYNCHINGS'

Yep, that's the sensible conclusion.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 29, 2012, 03:09:23 PM
That's pretty much a regurgitation of all the other "dog whistle politics" BS that's been slung around.  Lord knows Chris Matthews went off on that last night every chance he got.

They're simply shoring up their base, the Unhappy White Person.

Razgovory

This one's for CdM and garbon: http://www.nationaljournal.com/2012-election/why-and-how-romney-is-playing-the-race-card-20120829?page=1

I suppose if you simply ignore it every time it rears its head it would seem like BS.  I'm always amused how conservatives hide behind the shield of "political correctness", and then a breath later damn political correctness.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 29, 2012, 04:08:03 PM

I suppose if you simply ignore it every time it rears its head it would seem like BS.  I'm always amused how conservatives hide behind the shield of "political correctness", and then a breath later damn political correctness.

:huh:

Razgovory

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on August 29, 2012, 04:30:22 PM
What did I write that in Greek?

Πώς συντηρητικοί κρύβονται πίσω από την πολιτική ορθότητα;
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?