News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The GOP Convention MegaMittensThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, August 27, 2012, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I wonder how many times Ann's going to address the convention as "you people"?

derspiess

She started out a little rough but really hit her stride a couple minutes into it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I had to turn her off, man;  the saccharine phoniness was more than I could take, what with Tab being off the market for so long.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 08:59:11 PM
Jesus, they're still running that "We built this" thing into the ground.  Gotta love feeding the groundlings. :bleeding:

Really? You're using South Carolina as premier example of industry?  Really?

We have a Boeing facility!  Nothing cool, I'm afraid.  However, my employers are well into the process of stripping jobs away from the North, where people are Actually Paid.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 08:59:11 PM
Jesus, they're still running that "We built this" thing into the ground.  Gotta love feeding the groundlings. :bleeding:

You're one to talk.  :lol:

Martinus

The Log Cabin Republicans are such a joke.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Gups

http://bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2012/08/29/republican-convention-attendees-tossed-for-taunting-black-camera-operator/HHx0dvPmujdy3Vdn9jEdbO/story.html

Police at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday removed two people who threw nuts at a black CNN camerawoman and said, "This is how we feed animals."

"Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior," the convention said in a statement. "Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

CNN said in a statement that it "worked with convention officials to address this matter" but said it would not comment further.

It is unclear whether the people who taunted the camera operator were delegates or were attending the convention in another capacity. The names of the people removed have not been released by police or convention officials.

At last someone takes a stand against the liberal biased mainstream media. Just a conicidence that the camarawoman was black.

Barrister

Quote from: Gups on August 29, 2012, 12:08:21 PM
http://bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2012/08/29/republican-convention-attendees-tossed-for-taunting-black-camera-operator/HHx0dvPmujdy3Vdn9jEdbO/story.html

Police at the Republican National Convention on Tuesday removed two people who threw nuts at a black CNN camerawoman and said, "This is how we feed animals."

"Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior," the convention said in a statement. "Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

CNN said in a statement that it "worked with convention officials to address this matter" but said it would not comment further.

It is unclear whether the people who taunted the camera operator were delegates or were attending the convention in another capacity. The names of the people removed have not been released by police or convention officials.

At last someone takes a stand against the liberal biased mainstream media. Just a conicidence that the camarawoman was black.

I've seen this story floating around the web today, but I fail to see how it is much of a story.  Individual members of either party can be racist idiots.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Gups

Of course its a story. Whether it says much about the GOP is another matter, depending on the kind of responses we see.

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Agreed.  I can see this just easily happening in the Democratic convention.

garbon

Quote from: Gups on August 29, 2012, 12:18:19 PM
Of course its a story. Whether it says much about the GOP is another matter, depending on the kind of responses we see.

How? Except for possibly a few kooks, what politician would ever not reject such an act?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gups

It's not just politicians who make up a party.

Razgovory

It would be more innocent if the GOP didn't deliberately court these people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017