And we're back!

Main Menu

The GOP Convention MegaMittensThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, August 27, 2012, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 09:38:37 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 09:06:43 AM
Great points, but I wonder if this dude will also criticize the Dem convention coverage.

Probably, considering there may very well be even more journalists there.

Just seems like the supposedly neutral criticism against conventions in general tends to be timed to coincide more with the GOP convention than with the Dem convention.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 10:09:16 AM
Great points, but I wonder if this dude will also criticize the Dem convention coverage.
Just seems like the supposedly neutral criticism against conventions in general tends to be timed to coincide more with the GOP convention than with the Dem convention.
Question:  Which convention was first?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on August 28, 2012, 10:11:04 AM
Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 10:09:16 AM
Question:  Which convention was first?

I'm not just talking about this year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on August 28, 2012, 10:30:57 AM
I'm not just talking about this year.
It still seems a little like a persecution complex.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Razgovory

I wonder how much of the supposed "Liberal media bias" is just paranoia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on August 28, 2012, 11:04:04 AM
I wonder how much of the supposed "Liberal media bias" is just paranoia.
Less than you think, more than the people who watch Fox News think.

Then again, the Tea Party isn't a victim of liberal bias.  They're victims of fact-based bias.

Valmy

Um that was what he did.  Read the article.  He was critisizing covering the conventions in general. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"The reason they are for gay marriage is that it is an issue of liberty for people to have the freedom to do what they want ... but we oppose gay marriage because it threatens liberty," he said.

He offered two examples of businesses whose freedoms were trumped by what he calls the gay agenda. First, he said several mayors are trying to keep Chick-fil-A restaurants out of their cities because the company's devout Christian owners oppose gay marriage. In another example, he said, the New Mexico Civil Rights Commission fined Christian photographer Elaine Huguenin for refusing to photograph a lesbian couple's commitment ceremony.

"The gay agenda is a threat to religious liberty. It is a danger to the liberty that the party stands for ... and it's tyranny that's being launched against businesses," Mr. Fischer said.

LOL we must use the power of the government to manage the personal lives of millions of people because some Democrats are behaving badly eh?  Yeah that is liberty for you.  The twisted logic of anti-freedom folks is pretty sad.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

John Kasich just said Mittens as President would make "a shinier America".

Haven't figured out what that means just yet.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 07:34:51 PM

Don't forget the bit about Biden being a shitty golfer.  That was pertinent :D

Watching PMSNBC again-- just couldn't stay away.  Chris Matthews keeps saying he likes Kasich because he's a "blue collar guy" :huh: , Special Ed is frothing over Kasich not deserving Ohio's turnaround, and Rev. "Resist We Much" Sharpton is wandering off on his own.  Madcow is a little subdued compared to last night.

Ed Anger

QuoteSpecial Ed is frothing over Kasich not deserving Ohio's turnaround

:lol:

I give the bastard credit. After his stumble trying to fuck with the cops and firefighter unions, he's improved quite a bit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Governor Transvaginal Ultrasound wasn't too bad; "job killing policies from Washington" was a nice touch.

Scott Walker still looks like a mongoloid with Downs Syndrome, though.

JacobL

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 28, 2012, 07:34:51 PM

All light bulbs under 60 watt will be outlawed.  :bowler:

CountDeMoney

Jesus, they're still running that "We built this" thing into the ground.  Gotta love feeding the groundlings. :bleeding:

Really? You're using South Carolina as premier example of industry?  Really?