RATM, Dee Snider giving Paul Ryan shit about his iPod

Started by CountDeMoney, August 23, 2012, 02:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Barrister on August 23, 2012, 02:46:16 PM
Quote from: dps on August 23, 2012, 02:40:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 23, 2012, 02:35:10 PM
Artists are entitled to have political opinions, of course.

But if you, as a voter or just a public-minded citizen, put any special stock in those opinions, you're a moron.  Being an artist grants no special insight into public policy questions.

So RATM's entire fanbase are morons? 

If the entire fanbase gives the band's political views credence simply because of their status as rock stars, yes.  If not, not necessarily.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 23, 2012, 03:03:59 PM
Wait, wait, wait... weren't you the one that called them Rage Against the Suck?  Or am I thinking of Ed? :unsure:

You're thinking of Mittens of the Midwest.

derspiess

Quote from: Viking on August 23, 2012, 02:30:32 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 23, 2012, 02:23:20 PM
Obama is done, no matter how much these fanatical radical communists rage against Paul Ryan.
How come the communists are "left"?
In every country they have EVER controlled they have put gays, intellectuals and artists behind bars, or worst, denieying even basic freedoms.

Obama has been leading in every poll for over a year now.

Not really.  He's leading in most polls, but it's a slim lead. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2012, 03:11:56 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 23, 2012, 03:03:59 PM
Wait, wait, wait... weren't you the one that called them Rage Against the Suck?  Or am I thinking of Ed? :unsure:

You're thinking of Mittens of the Midwest.

Call me Willard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

So Tom Morello thinks that a person who likes the sound of RATM but not the lyrics is a moron when he's the enemy that the lyrics speak of? I knew he was a retarded Communist but not that he was that stupid.

I think RATM has some nice songs musically, but their lyrics are infantile Communism.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on August 23, 2012, 02:35:10 PM
Artists are entitled to have political opinions, of course.

But contrast how Dee Snider handles it, as compared to Tom Morello.
Tom Morello thinks he's John Lennon, only even better.  Tom Morello's obnoxiousness in the arena of politics makes Viking's stance on religion look almost pleasant by comparison.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Question on copyrights:
1- Can Dee Snyder do anything legally to stop Paul Ryan so long as the proper fees were paid?
2- Can Dee Snyder do anything legally to stop Paul Ryan if he uses a cover of "We're not gonna take it"?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DontSayBanana

Seriously.  Not to mention RATM never had vocals as good as ol' RoundSpecs.  When Morello gets going on about politics, even Rise Against seems less preachy.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on August 23, 2012, 02:30:32 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 23, 2012, 02:23:20 PM
Obama is done, no matter how much these fanatical radical communists rage against Paul Ryan.
How come the communists are "left"?
In every country they have EVER controlled they have put gays, intellectuals and artists behind bars, or worst, denieying even basic freedoms.

Obama has been leading in every poll for over a year now.

If Obama wins he's going to sell so much US hardware to the Chinese.  That'll show those damn communists!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on August 23, 2012, 05:01:35 PM
Question on copyrights:
1- Can Dee Snyder do anything legally to stop Paul Ryan so long as the proper fees were paid?
2- Can Dee Snyder do anything legally to stop Paul Ryan if he uses a cover of "We're not gonna take it"?
Are you kidding?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 23, 2012, 06:48:30 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 23, 2012, 06:44:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 23, 2012, 02:50:38 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 23, 2012, 02:46:16 PM
So RATM's entire fanbase are morons?  I agree.

HEY NOW

That's a great song!!!!

Hey Now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-s7ol38Ifs

:glare:

Come on, don't lie to me.
You know you loved that movie back in the day.

You loved it like a love song, baby
And kept hitting re-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat-peat

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege