News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

This is why estate taxes should be 100%

Started by Martinus, August 21, 2012, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

and how do you prevent estates from being transferred while the owner is still alive?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: viper37 on August 21, 2012, 10:05:51 AM
and how do you prevent estates from being transferred while the owner is still alive?

Gift taxes.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Grey Fox

Why do you have a problem with rich kids having expensive toys? They are like you, some of them are even gay.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Drakken

Monoriu

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 21, 2012, 10:10:26 AM
Why do you have a problem with rich kids having expensive toys? They are like you, some of them are even gay.
Martinus has always been jealous of his betters.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

They may think they're happy, but they're not.

Martinus

Quote from: viper37 on August 21, 2012, 10:05:51 AM

Well, if anyone wants to give up his or her entire livelihoods into hands of kids like that, then be my guest.

Martinus

Quote from: Drakken on August 21, 2012, 10:11:30 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 21, 2012, 10:00:48 AM
http://richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com/page/1

:bleeding:

Not sure I follow. Aren't you a 1%? Aren't you supposed to be among these?

Wealth is not the same as wanton and mindless consummerism.

There is a difference between being Warren Buffet and Richard Branson or Paris Hilton.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on August 21, 2012, 10:21:05 AM
They may think they're happy, but they're not.
Money may not make you happy, but being poor sure as hell won't make you happy lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

This thread did have a useful function. A reminder that I need to update my will.

Also....

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

Quote from: HVC on August 21, 2012, 10:25:52 AM
Money may not make you happy, but being poor sure as hell won't make you happy lol

Like the ex-wife of Maurizio Gucci, Patrizia Reggiani, once said, "better be smiling in a limousine than crying on a bicycle."

Drakken

Speaking of her... :lol:

In October 2011, she was offered a chance at parole, but refused saying "I've never worked in my life and I'm certainly not going to start now"