Missouri Republican: 'Legitimate rape' rarely causes pregnancy

Started by CountDeMoney, August 20, 2012, 07:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Article was difficult to read due to author being a shrill, irritating bitch.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on August 22, 2012, 07:10:17 PM

That is the Gawker family of sites for you. Either whiny women or gay douchebags.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on August 22, 2012, 07:10:17 PM

So basically like the average languish poster.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: PDH on August 22, 2012, 06:54:08 PM
As long as he doesn't read those comics that Phillip posted in the orgy thread.
Or My Little Stripper Pony sites. WTF was he thinking.
PDH!

garbon

So did we cover this one? :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/tom-smith-rape_n_1834234.html

QuoteTrying to distance himself from the "legitimate rape" comment that Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) made last week, Pennsylvania Senate candidate Tom Smith (R) stirred up further controversy by comparing a pregnancy caused by rape to "having a baby out of wedlock."

mith said Monday at the Pennsylvania Press Club that although he condemns Akin's comment, he agrees with Akin that abortion should be banned without any exceptions, including for rape and incest victims. Pressed by a reporter on how he would handle a daughter or granddaughter becoming pregnant as a result of rape, Smith said he had already "lived something similar to that" in his family.

"She chose life, and I commend her for that," he said. "She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn't have to ... she chose the way I thought. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't rape."

When a reporter asked Smith to clarify what kind of situation was similar to becoming pregnant from rape, the candidate responded, "Having a baby out of wedlock."

He added, "Put yourself in a father's position. Yes, it is similar."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2012, 05:32:12 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2012, 05:30:26 PM
So did we cover this one? :D

You people are pretty consistent.

Yes because I make statements like that all the time.

Or wait - were you just race bating? :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2012, 05:35:03 PMYes because I make statements like that all the time.

You people = Republicans

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on August 30, 2012, 05:36:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2012, 05:35:03 PMYes because I make statements like that all the time.

You people = Republicans

Which again goes to my first bit.

Also, I've never even voted as a Republican.

DGuller

He's more right than wrong.  It only take a second or two to grant or deny consent.  It takes at least a couple of minutes to produce a pregnancy.  Weighted by time, getting pregnant by illegitimate rape is pretty much the same as getting pregnant with illegitimate child.

CountDeMoney

garbon