And we're back!

Main Menu

Guild Wars 2 Roll Call

Started by Martinus, August 13, 2012, 08:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Grallon on September 07, 2012, 10:08:34 AM
grallonsphere.9043 on Tarnished Coast

I'm stuck at a place where you need to teach guards to block attacks with a shield...  What nonsense!  Of course you have to time the NPCs attack *sigh*  I fucking hate wasting time like this!

G.

First of all, in this game you are *never* stuck on anything (perhaps except your personal story) - you can always move on to the next challenge.

Second, this was probably the easiest/fastest renown heart I have ever filled - and if you can't do the shield block right (you just need to press it when he does the attack animation - but against you - you need to see if this is against you or someone else - that's all there is to it), there is also a rifle shooting and a sword attack in the same village which fills the heart just as well.

It's really annoying to see you constantly whine because you are inept.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on September 07, 2012, 10:25:12 AM

It's really annoying to see you constantly whine because you are inept.

*shrug* I despise fidgety gaming. 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

You despise everything so this comes as no surprise.

I made the mistake last night of trying the Warrior.  It was a mistake before that I was sure my main was going to be a ranger.  Now I am sure it is going to be a Warrior... :D

I am Helias with some number I cant remember on Henge.

katmai

I am on Darkhaven with some friends.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on September 07, 2012, 12:55:07 PM
I am on Darkhaven with some friends.

Screw you.

And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

katmai

:D What can I say I started guy on Henge, first two nights not a soul from Languish on, then friends who played with long time in WoW invited me to come over to their server.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 07, 2012, 12:31:03 PM
I made the mistake last night of trying the Warrior.  It was a mistake before that I was sure my main was going to be a ranger.  Now I am sure it is going to be a Warrior... :D

I did the exact same thing.

The Warrior is a blast to play.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on September 07, 2012, 01:42:39 PM
What
The
Fuck
What
Can
I
Say
Played enough mmo with you people to know how rarely we actually end up grouping.

Kleves

Henge was full, so I'm on Tarnished Coast.  <_<
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

sbr

Quote from: Kleves on September 07, 2012, 03:49:05 PM
Henge was full, so I'm on Tarnished Coast.  <_<

Give me a holler if you want to group up.  I have a level 4 Norn hunter I could run around with.

I just got 100% on the Plains of Ashford, Charr starting area.  The loot was good for the reward, but I can't use  most of it.  The weapon and armor are for level 26 and I'm only 20, though my Elementalist can't ever use the axe. :glare:  The 18 silver was a nice boost to my bank account though.

Syt

I'm on Gunnar's something server, Syt.5something. :unsure:

Yesterday evening I participated in an event chain in Norn territory that culminated in a huge fight against a boss. We were about two dozen people, and it took us about 10 minutes to get the fucker down. I thought I was doing pretty well, switching weapons on my warriorette, laying it on there, using buffs etc., though I got downed about half a dozen times. After the looong fight, the boss finally dies and I get a bronze medal and less than 100 XP. :huh:

And based on the chat messages I actually got of pretty good - some elementalists had less than 50 XP out of it. Not to mention that no one got any loot. Verdict: wasn't worth it, though the fight was pretty epic.

I also realized, that at level 14 I'm still wearing some n00b armor (shoulders, gauntlets, legings) which explains why some fights are a bit on the tough side for me. Since the auction hall is STILL not working, I guess I have to craft some stuff myself. (In other MMOs, I fill "gaps" in my equipment every 5-10 levels at the auction hall.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

Looks like they increased the population limits in the worlds.  I have moved to the Henge and it appears there is more room there.

katmai

Sbr is as bad as Berkut when noticing whispers

Must be a PAC-12 thing. <_<

sbr

Quote from: katmai on September 08, 2012, 01:23:47 AM
Sbr is as bad as Berkut when noticing whispers

Must be a PAC-12 thing. <_<

:D  Do they show up in the chat window?  I don't pay much attention to that, if it is even open.  I will be better about it now.