American visitor feels unsafe in Calgary without his gun

Started by viper37, August 12, 2012, 09:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Drakken on August 13, 2012, 08:47:13 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 12, 2012, 09:29:57 PM
I hear Bret the hit man Hart randomly attacks people in Canada.

The guy's heart and body is in such a bad state, it couldn't even attack a lamppost if he was drunk.  :(

I loved the Hitman when I was younger.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: viper37 on August 13, 2012, 09:50:46 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2012, 10:08:56 PM
Sounds perfectly plausible.  Unfortunately.
what hit me, is that he was a cop.  A American commoner panicking in this situation?  Ok, it could happen.  But a cop panicking and reaching for his gun when asked if he's been to the Stampede??  Wtf?  Are American cops as stupid as the 70s movies&tv (Smokey and the Bandit, Dukes of Hazard, etc)?

Sometimes they are.  Which is why I never liked working with them.  And yeah, like BB said, you have it on you long enough, you definitely notice it's missing.  Took me awhile to get used to not carrying mine everywhere, but after a while I got over it because I'm comfortable in the knowledge that I'm crazy enough to try to kill someone with a Sharpie or the first trash can lid within reach.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 13, 2012, 01:26:29 PM
Sometimes they are.  Which is why I never liked working with them.  And yeah, like BB said, you have it on you long enough, you definitely notice it's missing.  Took me awhile to get used to not carrying mine everywhere, but after a while I got over it because I'm comfortable in the knowledge that I'm crazy enough to try to kill someone with a Sharpie or the first trash can lid within reach.
:unsure: Remind me to never go through trashcans with you.

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on August 13, 2012, 01:36:13 PM
:unsure: Remind me to never go through trashcans with you.
Staples is CdM's killing field :ph34r:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on August 13, 2012, 09:50:46 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2012, 10:08:56 PM
Sounds perfectly plausible.  Unfortunately.
what hit me, is that he was a cop.  A American commoner panicking in this situation?  Ok, it could happen.  But a cop panicking and reaching for his gun when asked if he's been to the Stampede??  Wtf?  Are American cops as stupid as the 70s movies&tv (Smokey and the Bandit, Dukes of Hazard, etc)?
Remember that time that you made a Swede cry at school because you were packing?

Good times.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on August 13, 2012, 01:54:07 PM
Staples is CdM's killing field :ph34r:

Yeah, it's been a while since I've been in a physical altercation out of necessity, but I have a habit of, well...to be honest, I'm just fucking crazy.  It's gotten me in trouble before.

Ed Anger

I find patting the holster tends to convey the message better than drawing the weapon. Yeah, you punks hanging around the entrance of Dollar General, I'm watching you.

MadImmortalMan

I can imagine Seedy stabbing a dude in the neck with a pen Joe Pesci-style.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Now that we know this was real I will add this to my reasons for limiting my visits to the US.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 13, 2012, 03:51:13 PM
Now that we know this was real I will add this to my reasons for limiting my visits to the US.

Limiting?  You should stop visiting altogether. 

garbon

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 13, 2012, 03:58:25 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 13, 2012, 03:51:13 PM

Limiting?  You should stop visiting altogether. 

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

CC is worried about Abby Wambach calling the police on him.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2012, 02:08:06 PM
I find patting the holster tends to convey the message better than drawing the weapon. Yeah, you punks hanging around the entrance of Dollar General, I'm watching you.

I suppose it livens up a tedious trip to the shops  :hmm:

How did you feel in Normandy? Did you miss the gun or did the safer environment make you feel more chilled?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 13, 2012, 05:19:29 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2012, 02:08:06 PM

I suppose it livens up a tedious trip to the shops  :hmm:

How did you feel in Normandy? Did you miss the gun or did the safer environment make you feel more chilled?

My wife has been threatened, so the gun is necessary. And in buildings were no guns are wanted, Mr. Slapjack comes along for the ride. Except in Federal, state and school buildings. Any weapon there will get you assraped by the nearest cop.

I felt completely safe both in Normandy and Paris. Then again, I was away from crazy Americans.... mostly.  :)