Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2012

Started by PDH, August 10, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

Quote from: Berkut on April 04, 2013, 11:47:09 AM
Quote from: dps on April 04, 2013, 12:06:52 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 01, 2013, 06:27:53 PM
I don't know if anyone followed the story with Sean Miller's technical foul during the UCLA game this year, and the ensuing blowup on the court, in the press conference, followed by his getting fined $25k afterwards by the Pac-12.

If you did follow all that, then THIS story becomes rather alarming:

http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/01/arizona-sean-miller-targeted-by-pac-12-officials/?sct=hp_t2_a12&eref=sihp

Rush needs to be fired.  I don't care if it was a joke--if you're in his position, YOU CAN'T MAKE THAT JOKE.  Period.  It's pretty disturbing that Larry Scott doesn't realize this.

I don't even think it is a matter of whether it was a joke or not.

Isn't that pretty much what I said?

Berkut

I wasn't disagreeing with you.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Not that I'm rooting for Syracuse, but I still can't figure out how you determine an offensive charge in a situation like that, when a defender has his feet planted.  I mean, the guy was in the air.

Sometimes I just don't understand this game.

CountDeMoney

Louisville and Michigan.  That will be a hell of a game.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2013, 10:33:57 PM
Not that I'm rooting for Syracuse, but I still can't figure out how you determine an offensive charge in a situation like that, when a defender has his feet planted.  I mean, the guy was in the air.

Sometimes I just don't understand this game.

You look to see if the defender has both feet planted at the moment the guy with the ball leaves the ground.  I saw it as maybe a 60/40 charge/block call.  The bad call came right before, when they fouled out Carter-Williams when the Michigan player clearly gave him a forearm shiver.

CountDeMoney

Well, this one's turning out to be interesting.  Fuck, Louisville is fast.

derspiess

Beilein's team racking up 3's to get out to a big lead, Pitino's Cardinals come back & erase the deficit like nothing happened.  I've seen this before.  Elite 8, 2005.  WVU couldn't miss a 3, including an almost half-court shot from Beilein's son.  Then Pitino, almost as if he purposefully had been holding back, unleashed hell.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Looks like Jaron is gonna win the Languish bracket :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: katmai on April 08, 2013, 10:32:07 PM
Looks like Jaron is gonna win the Languish bracket :lol:

Yeah I was excited to be in 2nd until I saw that he had the same final 2 as I had.  And it looks like I'll be one spot away from winning some money in my Bengals pool.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Michigan played a hell of a lot deeper into the tourney than I expected, and they gave Louisville a good game.  No dishonor in that.

Berkut

In non-NCAA news, but still basketball related...

I was just asked if I would be interested in working a minor league professional game this weekend.

Time to go bone up on my NBA rules...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2013, 11:47:05 PM
Time to go bone up on my NBA rules...

Rule 1: let the Lakers win.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

10 arrested, tear gas deployed in Louisville.  Lulz.

Caliga

I'm looking forward to not being able to get anything done at work today due to the peons yapping about stupid basketball all day. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 09, 2013, 05:30:38 AM
I'm looking forward to not being able to get anything done at work today due to the peons yapping about stupid basketball all day. :)

:nelson:

With all the UK and Cincinnati fans in my office, Louisville is generally hated. 

I'm okay with it, though I would've liked to see Beilein's team win.