News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2012

Started by PDH, August 10, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I know it is early, but apparently the UWyo men's team has been playing a Summer tourney in...Calgary.  That means the stalwart boys of the Brown and Gold have been faced with the very best that Canada has to offer.  Wyoming has done very well, they have beaten teams in the first couple of games by a combined score of 392-12 or something, I wasn't paying attention.

Still, this means that the Wyoming basketball team should go through the season undefeated.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

I hope they stomped on thier faces.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Canadians are more of the head stomping types, Wyoming players will just remind the refs of all the egregious fouls that the Canadians are committing to that they can call them when it is an opportune time for Wyoming.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

The JC recruit that was suppose to fill scoring void of Washington left school today, but guess should have seen it coming as he has been linked to six schools in last seven years :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Typical Terps season projection:  so promising without Stoglin who bailed for the NBA, so could go the other fucking way without Stoglin who bailed for the NBA. 

For the first time in God knows how fucking long, they actually have TWO real promising centers; although the Ukrainian is a frosh, Shaquille Cleare's still a man-beast.

I'm just glad the entire North Carolina starting 5 and the rest of the bench all declared for the NBA at once.  LULZ, fuck you, 'Lina Blue.

PDH

Wyoming is bound to be a fair team, without a star (unless Larry Nance Jr really blossoms), but well coached by former Florida asst coach Larry Shyatt.  In the fine tradition of Wyoming athletics, anything above dismal is considered a slam dunk.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Ed Anger

Since Wright State had a losing record last season, I'm somewhat anticipating an improvement in wins in the Horizon league. That is the usual pattern.

P.S. Butler Sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

RIP big sweater guy.  I remember him raging in the AA at the calls, but always being a damn good guy.  (One tournament back when it rotated locations he came into the final with a Wyoming sweatshirt on to the delight of the crowd, guy was good)
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on December 02, 2012, 12:30:50 PM
Rick Majerus died last night.

RIP Rick.

Can't say it was a total shocker.

Nice that Indiana basketball is back.

PDH

Wyoming got votes in the AP poll for the first time in a decade.  It is hard having my team being better than sucktastic.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Valmy

Wow Texas sucks.  Why do their teams all have to be good or bad at the same time?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

I watched some of that Texas game. They do suck.

Arizona looks like they could be a really, really good team come March...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Wyoming went to Illinois State last night, the same team that lost to Louisville by 3 last weekend...and in the first half Wyoming got spanked.  3 minutes into the 2nd half Wyoming was down by 19.

Wyoming won by 14.  Jesus.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

derspiess

I won't be able to get away from work early enough to make it down for the annual WVU-Marshall game tonight, dammit.  Thankfully they've stopped scheduling this game in the middle of WVU's conference schedule and they can afford not to look past Marshall. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall