And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2012

Started by PDH, August 10, 2012, 08:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 24, 2013, 04:31:10 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 24, 2013, 03:00:05 PM
You can't like a school for football but not for basketball. IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT.

You can like a school for football and not give a shit about basketball though.

That's okay.  I mean I don't give two shits about WVU women's basketball (at least not since Marc Bulger's little sister graduated) but that's because I don't care about women's basketball in general.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

No man should watch women's sports.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

FGCU continues to be a hilariously entertaining team to watch.

E:  Aw boooo just a layup instead of another monster dunk.  Oh well.  They play Florida next.

Neil

You can't like a school for football but not for basketball. IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT.
What if you think that basketball is gay and pointless unless Jordan, Magic or Larry Legend is playing?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

For all the OMG parity in College basketball trumped this year only two double digit seeds are gonna make it to Sweet Sixteen, and of them one is Oregon who won Pac-12 regular season, leaving just the true Cinderella of FGCU.

Ooops, forgot there will be third double digit seed from winner of La Salle and Mississippi
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

UCLA fired Ben howland today.

katmai

Quote from: sbr on March 24, 2013, 09:17:42 PM
UCLA fired Ben howland today.

Did they finally make it official?

And darn, means UCLA might become respectable again.

sbr

According to Twitter it is official.

derspiess

Shit, Miami is imploding at the worst moment. I bought into their "oughtta be 1 seed" hype :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Meh, my brackets all fucked up already :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on March 24, 2013, 08:26:31 PM
What if you think that basketball is gay and pointless unless Jordan, Magic or Larry Legend is playing?

I'd feel sorry for that totally hypothetical person, unless that is specifically in reference to NBA.

derspiess

And Miami keeps it together. Doing okay in my Bengal pool: 3rd place in terms of best possible score. Just in front of Jay Gruden. For some reason, Marvin is sitting this year out.

Eddie Teach

Problem with watching basketball is there's just too much scoring, makes the first 3 quarters seem inconsequential.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 24, 2013, 11:24:35 PM
Problem with watching basketball is there's just too much scoring, makes the first 3 quarters seem inconsequential.

Quarters?!  That NBA stuff has no place here!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess