News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

I was a bit surprised that "Hymns of The Old Gods" in CK2 didn't include more Black Metal.  :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Norgy on June 10, 2015, 12:45:32 AM
I was a bit surprised that "Hymns of The Old Gods" in CK2 didn't include more Black Metal.  :hmm:

Indeed, because I don't think they went by Varg's nowadays line of thought that Black Metal is "Negro music" (understatement for people at work).

Tamas

There are several reports of the AI not taking the target's alliances into account before declaring war, totally messing up the diplomatic landscape. Anyone noticing that?

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 10, 2015, 05:08:06 AM
For Protestant to resolve:

#66: 5 / Sea Beggars
Dutch gain political control of any unoccupied port space in the Netherlands. Switch religious influence to Protestant if not already. Add one Dutch galleon and one Dutch regular to the space. If the space chosen is Brielle or Flushing, add a second Dutch galleon. If Spain controls a port connected to the North Sea, the Protestant receives a free Piracy roll. Place a Piracy marker in the North Sea, skip to Step 5 of the Piracy procedure and have Protestant roll 3 piracy dice against Spanish North Sea ports.
:hmm: :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on June 10, 2015, 05:08:06 AM
For Protestant to resolve:

#66: 5 / Sea Beggars
Dutch gain political control of any unoccupied port space in the Netherlands. Switch religious influence to Protestant if not already. Add one Dutch galleon and one Dutch regular to the space. If the space chosen is Brielle or Flushing, add a second Dutch galleon. If Spain controls a port connected to the North Sea, the Protestant receives a free Piracy roll. Place a Piracy marker in the North Sea, skip to Step 5 of the Piracy procedure and have Protestant roll 3 piracy dice against Spanish North Sea ports.

Right historical time period, wrong thread. :P

Tamas

garbon

I've been noticing that more and more Wiz seems to be taking PR tips from Johan. :awk:

Oh and from their update today, does appear that Florence will finally make its official debut in the EU series.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josephus

You mean by his short, snappy answers and general disregard to people who play the game?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Yes, exactly. If one doesn't have something nice to say, probably best not to engage with the public. Seems a bit unprofessional to speak with one's customers that way, even (perhaps particularly) when they deserve a sock in the mouth.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2015, 10:52:40 AM
Yes, exactly. If one doesn't have something nice to say, probably best not to engage with the public. Seems a bit unprofessional to speak with one's customers that way, even (perhaps particularly) when they deserve a sock in the mouth.

Self-awareness isn't the strongest attribute of the Paradox folks since Patrick (I think that was the name of the one community friendly guy Paradox had years ago).

Habbaku

What thread should I go to to see the fireworks?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Oh no thread in particular, really just any of the threads with the p'dox logo that Wiz has posted in since CS came out on Tuesday.

Habbaku

I did find a couple of sarcastic posts that, while not really damning, should not be made by a game dev on their own forum.  Though, really, the douchebags he's responding to do deserve some smacking.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Norgy

I find the "development" feature a bit off. It doesn't feel right to be able to up your taxbase etc like that.

Caliga

Why not? :hmm:  I'm not saying you are wrong, but it seems like a centrally-planned economy should be able to do something like that.... not that all nation states of that era had such economies, by any means.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points