News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Europa Universalis IV announced

Started by Octavian, August 10, 2012, 10:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Forts cost maintenance? I only suggested this in 2001.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Second that a game that isn't just about sieges sounds interesting.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

I've played about an hour and it still all about sieges really. You might siege an enemy province faster if it's without a fort, but those single enemy units will siege 2-3 of your provinces in no time without you noticing before the occupied sign pops up.

Not really sure I like this more, but I guess it does add a "Defense"-game sort of vibe (in placement of forts). More time needed to judge at any rate.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Caliga

So does it break existing save games?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Liep

Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2015, 01:25:05 PM
So does it break existing save games?

Yes, can't load previous save games.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Which they'd actually said from the get. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Solmyr

Aaaaand there's a sale on all previous EU4 content, El Dorado at -25% and everything else at -75%.

Caliga

Quote from: Solmyr on June 09, 2015, 02:09:50 PM
Aaaaand there's a sale on all previous EU4 content, El Dorado at -25% and everything else at -75%.
:cool:

Crazy_Ivan80

and if you go via greenmangaming and use a voucher you can get the newest content for -20% too. So mix and match :)

Josephus

Finally will get Art of War, that one's been overpriced for ages.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sophie Scholl

I'm really liking this expansion so far.  I'm playing a game as England starting when Edward IV took the throne.  I went with the Warwick proposal of allying with France over Burgundy.  It's going quite well so far.  Calais is now considered part of Flanders, so a French/English lasting peace is possible. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Caliga

Quote from: Josephus on June 09, 2015, 05:09:51 PM
Finally will get Art of War, that one's been overpriced for ages.
Yeah, when P'dox releases something new, that's my cue to pick up a bunch of older stuff cheap.  I already have AoW but I just got all kinds of music and gfx packs for EU4 for like 3 bucks.

When I open EU4 now, it's still the same theme music but now it's heavy metal. :wacko:

Josephus

Which one is that....wanna make sure i don't buy it :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

Its called guns drums and steel or some shit like that.