News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mitt Romney's Plan for a Stronger Middle Class

Started by Jacob, August 03, 2012, 01:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 03, 2012, 01:52:20 PM
What organization was it that said a couple days ago that Romney's tax plan would actually increase taxes on the middle class and decrease taxes for the rich? Obama got a lot of ad material from that report.

Tax Policy Center.  Don't let the board Republitards fool you;  it's not the lefty AEI they say it is.

crazy canuck

attract and retain the brightest and best from around the world?  How is that going to help the US middle class become employed?

Shouldn't he being saying stuff like - help our brightest and best reach their full potential?  You know a be all you can be thing.

Instead isnt he saying "our brightest and best  - well they are not all that bright and there are much better out there in the rest of the world.  Lets bring them in to run things."

Valmy

Quoteattract and retain the brightest and best from around the world?  How is that going to help the US middle class become employed?

When they leave their countries to come here that will open up 3rd world jobs that Americans can take when they are forced to emigrate? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 03, 2012, 02:13:13 PM
Tax Policy Center.  Don't let the board Republitards fool you;  it's not the lefty AEI they say it is.

The Urban Institute is pretty lefty.  Pretty black-lefty.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 03, 2012, 02:14:38 PM
attract and retain the brightest and best from around the world?  How is that going to help the US middle class become employed?

In the same way that extending unemployment benefits reduces the unemployment rate.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2012, 02:23:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 03, 2012, 02:13:13 PM

The Urban Institute is pretty lefty.  Pretty black-lefty.

Who do you think live in cities, graduating with all those Urban Studies degrees?  Whitey farmers?  C'mon.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on August 03, 2012, 02:11:04 PM
I am excited about this real health care reform that is guaranteed to reduce costs and improve care.
Did great things for us here in Mass.
PDH!

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on August 03, 2012, 02:11:04 PM
I am excited about this real health care reform that is guaranteed to reduce costs and improve care.
I'm not a health actuary, but it does sound like a good thing.  Maybe Mitt does have some good ideas after all.

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on August 03, 2012, 01:50:20 PM
I think Jake's #3 point is mis-transcribed in a fundamental way.

Haha yeah. I'll fix it.

Valmy

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 03, 2012, 02:33:39 PM

I thought he had to disown that. :hmm:

Is the plan just to implement the Mass plan for the whole country?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

I think I was right when I way back when Michelle Bachman was leading the polls predicted that Romney would win but that he didn't have a snowballs chance in hell since that while the teabaggers might agree with him they hate him more than obama.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on August 03, 2012, 02:59:11 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 03, 2012, 02:33:39 PM

I thought he had to disown that. :hmm:

Is the plan just to implement the Mass plan for the whole country?
He did. Kinda.  Sorta.  Maybe?
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Viking on August 03, 2012, 03:00:32 PM
I think I was right when I way back when Michelle Bachman was leading the polls predicted that Romney would win but that he didn't have a snowballs chance in hell since that while the teabaggers might agree with him they hate him more than obama.

You always think you are right. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on August 03, 2012, 03:00:32 PM
Romney would win but that he didn't have a snowballs chance in hell since that while the teabaggers might agree with him they hate him more than obama.

I don't see why, he's doing all their bidding.  He's a hell of a script reader.

Personally, I can't wait for the GOP convention.  It should be Yucks A Minute.

grumbler

This is just "Mitt Romney's Plan to Shoot Rainbows Out His Ass."  I don't see any substance at all.  Not unusual for a campaign year "plan" by any candidate, but I don't think there is even enough here to superficially analyze.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!