News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mitt Romney's Plan for a Stronger Middle Class

Started by Jacob, August 03, 2012, 01:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2012, 03:13:26 PM
This is just "Mitt Romney's Plan to Shoot Rainbows Out His Ass."  I don't see any substance at all.  Not unusual for a campaign year "plan" by any candidate, but I don't think there is even enough here to superficially analyze.

Is the lack of substance to be expected, or is there even less than normal to the degree that there are more questions about Mitt's substance and plans than there ought to be?

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on August 03, 2012, 03:18:26 PM
Is the lack of substance to be expected, or is there even less than normal to the degree that there are more questions about Mitt's substance and plans than there ought to be?
I think it is to be expected at this stage of the campaign.  Mitt wants to have something that sounds good but offends no one in his base.  Platforms will get more specific after the conventions.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2012, 04:08:20 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 03, 2012, 03:18:26 PM
I think it is to be expected at this stage of the campaign.  Mitt wants to have something that sounds good but offends no one in his base.  Platforms will get more specific after the conventions.

So whatever specifics I want, I am more likely to get them after the convention, and that's more or less par for the course.

Okay, thanks :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on August 03, 2012, 04:51:24 PM
So whatever specifics I want, I am more likely to get them after the convention, and that's more or less par for the course.

As far as Mittens is concerned, you'll get them after the election.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 03, 2012, 04:54:59 PM
Quote from: Jacob on August 03, 2012, 04:51:24 PM

As far as Mittens is concerned, you'll get them after the election.
You might have a good point here.  There's really nothing that Romney can run on.  If he runs on a Republican platform, he probably can't win the election.  If he runs on a platform of sanity, he'll lose the political right to the Libertarians or whatever other lunatic fringe candidate comes out.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Michelle Obama is the only political figure I know of that has a real plan for a stronger middle class, now that Arnold is out of the picture.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson