Chicks who play video games: zomg sho us ur titz

Started by CountDeMoney, August 03, 2012, 05:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on August 03, 2012, 10:28:24 AM
Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2012, 10:26:07 AM
The chick was hanging out with MMO types; of course they bare going to act like assholes because that's what MMO types are.
Oh, was this some kind of MMO thing?  If so the case is closed and grumbler wins the thread.

No, they were fighting games.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

QuoteBakhtanians: You can't. You can't because they're one and the same thing. This is a community that's, you know, 15 or 20 years old, and the sexual harassment is part of a culture, and if you remove that from the fighting game community, it's not the fighting game community

:lol: Holy shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2012, 01:56:11 PM
What's with all the weird Armenian names.

His name must attract women. I'm sure someone of his moral caliber is swimming in female companionship.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Well, I believe the guy is from around LA.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on August 03, 2012, 01:55:32 PM
QuoteBakhtanians: You can't. You can't because they're one and the same thing. This is a community that's, you know, 15 or 20 years old, and the sexual harassment is part of a culture, and if you remove that from the fighting game community, it's not the fighting game community

I know, loved that.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Valmy on August 03, 2012, 01:55:32 PM

He is most eloquent.  I can, you know, see his point.
PDH!

Jacob

I know a bunch of dudes in the fighting game community (as happens when you work in video games), and as far as I know sexual harassment is not central to how the view the community.

AFAI can see, the main thing about the fighting game community is liking fighting games and spending a whole lot of time playing them.

grumbler

This guy coulda had a job working for the 1960s Southeast Conference explaining why, if you let "blacks" play college football, it won't be college football any more.

(Note that Michigan had a "black" player on its 1890 roster -and a medical student at that - while Alabama didn't have one until 1971)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2012, 03:31:34 PM
This guy coulda had a job working for the 1960s Southeast Conference explaining why, if you let "blacks" play college football, it won't be college football any more.

(Note that Michigan had a "black" player on its 1890 roster -and a medical student at that - while Alabama didn't have one until 1971)
How did bowl games and the like work?  Or were those not really nation-wide until televised football?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on August 03, 2012, 04:25:16 PM
How did bowl games and the like work?  Or were those not really nation-wide until televised football?

Well, for a long time there was just the Rose Bowl, and it didn't invite any segregated teams.  In 1935, three bowls were established in states where it was illegal for "the race to mix" on the same football team, and teams invited to the Sugar, Orange, or Sun bowls had to leave their "black" players at home, if they had any. 

Interestingly, one of the reasons why the Big Ten and Pac Ten have their deal for the Rose Bowl is that, when the deal was made, they were the only two conferences that banned discrimination in the game.  The Tournament of Roses committee didn't want to deal with the issue of teams demanding that the Pac Ten team bench all its non-white players before the visiting team would agree to play.

And the reason why that is especially interesting is that the conferences made that rule after a huge brouhaha at Michigan in 1934, when the Michigan AD agreed to bench Michigan's leading scorer, Willis Ward.  There was a huge storm of protest from the students and faculty, but the contract had been signed.  Ward's roommate announced that he wouldn't play if Ward didn't play, but rescinded the decision after Ward convinced him that the best revenge would be to beat Georgia Tech, and that the team needed Ward's roommate to do it.  Michigan did, indeed, win the game, led by Ward's roommate.  That roommate was Gerald R. Ford.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on August 04, 2012, 11:04:43 AM
And the reason why that is especially interesting is that the conferences made that rule after a huge brouhaha at Michigan in 1934, when the Michigan AD agreed to bench Michigan's leading scorer, Willis Ward.  There was a huge storm of protest from the students and faculty, but the contract had been signed.  Ward's roommate announced that he wouldn't play if Ward didn't play, but rescinded the decision after Ward convinced him that the best revenge would be to beat Georgia Tech, and that the team needed Ward's roommate to do it.  Michigan did, indeed, win the game, led by Ward's roommate.  That roommate was Gerald R. Ford.

One of the best sports stories ever.

dps

Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2012, 02:11:20 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2012, 02:08:27 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2012, 02:07:37 PM

Well, I believe the guy is from around LA.

:mellow:

Armenians aren't uncommon around Los Angeles?

Probably more common there than in Armenia, thanks to the Turks.

Quote from: grumbler

I'm sure Raz will be along shortly to explain to us how, despite this story, Ford was clearly a rascist, because he was a Republican.