Mittenspalooza World Tour 2012: The MegaMormonThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 25, 2012, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 27, 2012, 02:01:16 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2012, 12:02:43 PM
FWIW, my gut tells me that if the election were held today Mitt would win the popular vote

Depends.
Can dead but newly-baptized Jews vote?

Only in Chicago.  Or I guess maybe Utah :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Sheilbh

Boris Johnson used it in his opening speech at Hyde Park :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RphRkM94HEI&feature=player_embedded
The Romney bit is at about 50 seconds.  But much of it's worth watching especially for the joke about Greek and Spanish bailout.  Remember he's Mayor of London and possible future Tory leader (and mentioned as PM :o)... :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 27, 2012, 11:42:11 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2012, 11:33:04 AM
I'm definitely not calling it for Romney at this point, but if I were on your side I'd be a little worried.

I'm glad you're not on my side.  I don't need your whore pills. And a presidential candidate with no policies other than a Nixonian Vietnamization "I'll fix the economy, but won't tell you how until I get there" approach?  Not worrisome.

Besides, if Mittens wins, it won't be through any miracle of his own;  it'll be thanks to the state level GOPtards in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Florida and the other states who've done all the advanced leg work in developing voter registration laws designed specifically to restrict and draw down the voting population.
Eh, a lot of old white republicans will probably ended up being screwed by those laws as well, so I think it could backfire on them.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 27, 2012, 07:49:31 PM
The Romney bit is at about 50 seconds.  But much of it's worth watching especially for the joke about Greek and Spanish bailout.  Remember he's Mayor of London and possible future Tory leader (and mentioned as PM :o)... :mellow:

That would be awesome. Someone needs to fill the Berlusconi humor void, and as a bonus he actually seems somewhat competent.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on July 27, 2012, 02:29:02 PM
Quote from: ulmont on July 27, 2012, 02:23:11 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 27, 2012, 02:17:07 PM
It's been nearly 4 years. :angry:

The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine.

Meanwhile California falls behind several other states. :angry:

Yes. Like Iowa. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Viking

Quote from: alfred russel on July 27, 2012, 10:43:25 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 27, 2012, 07:49:31 PM

That would be awesome. Someone needs to fill the Berlusconi humor void, and as a bonus he actually seems somewhat competent.

To improve on berlusconi it is merely required not to be actively criminal; competence is not required.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Zoupa

Quote from: garbon on July 26, 2012, 12:22:14 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 26, 2012, 12:05:39 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2012, 11:35:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2012, 11:33:44 PM
Do we have to point out, yet again, that you're the one who wishes that you had my gun control, socialized medicine, fewer blacks and no Republicans?

Not at the expense of using Monopoly colored money and coins with ducks on them.  You only wish you had a passport with big eagle on it.

The one that everyone sneers at around the world?  I'll pass.

They sneer because they wish they had it. :D

Sure they do, little one. Sure they do.  :console:

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 27, 2012, 10:35:53 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 27, 2012, 11:42:11 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2012, 11:33:04 AM
I'm definitely not calling it for Romney at this point, but if I were on your side I'd be a little worried.

I'm glad you're not on my side.  I don't need your whore pills. And a presidential candidate with no policies other than a Nixonian Vietnamization "I'll fix the economy, but won't tell you how until I get there" approach?  Not worrisome.

Besides, if Mittens wins, it won't be through any miracle of his own;  it'll be thanks to the state level GOPtards in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Florida and the other states who've done all the advanced leg work in developing voter registration laws designed specifically to restrict and draw down the voting population.
Eh, a lot of old white republicans will probably ended up being screwed by those laws as well, so I think it could backfire on them.

That's why you choose which counties to have it in.  You don't pick methlab land to look for voter fraud amongst the rednecks.  You look for it in the urban areas.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

So, Mitt is visiting Poland today. I hope he tries to tell a Polish joke.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on July 27, 2012, 11:16:11 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2012, 11:13:08 AM
I don't think his London PR blitz will have much of an impact back home :)

Shocking.

Well, if so, why the hell do it? Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the soundbites of Cameron and Johnson dissing him will find a way into some Obama ad.

Martinus

So, the right wing Catholic group associated with PiS (and having the biggest sway among the US-based Polish immigrants) is going to call on Mitt to "help solve the Smolensk plane crash conspiracy". These guys also hate Walesa and consider him a Russian spy (Romney is meeting Walesa tomorrow) and the PO government for being traitors (Romney is meeting prime minister Tusk whom he considers - and rightly so - a conservative Atlanticist).

It's going to be fun watching Romney try to blindly navigate Polish politics' idiocy.

CountDeMoney