Mittenspalooza World Tour 2012: The MegaMormonThread!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 25, 2012, 11:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on July 26, 2012, 12:05:39 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2012, 11:35:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2012, 11:33:44 PM
Do we have to point out, yet again, that you're the one who wishes that you had my gun control, socialized medicine, fewer blacks and no Republicans?

Not at the expense of using Monopoly colored money and coins with ducks on them.  You only wish you had a passport with big eagle on it.

The one that everyone sneers at around the world?  I'll pass.

They sneer because they wish they had it. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Well, if he is afraid he will lose his right winger credentials by meeting with Cameron, I'm sure meeting with the homophobic Polish ruling party will help him.  :mad:

Martinus

Quotethe Polish Solidarity icon Lech Walesa.

That will help him with the lunatic right wing Polish immigration in the US (who overwhelmingly support PiS), who consider Walesa a traitor and a Russian spy.  :lol:

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 25, 2012, 11:19:20 PM
Waste of time.  It would probably be far easier to pander to Democrats than to Europeans.

He is not pandering to Europeans. He is pandering to the Brits, the Poles and the Israelis (the latter two nations having a relatively sizable minorities in the US who can vote in the US presidential elections). If you consider these to be "Europeans" you really know very little about European politics.  :lol:

Eddie Teach

Don't worry, nobody here considers Poles to be European.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 26, 2012, 12:38:38 AM

I know. :P

But none of the nations he is visiting is really European. Brits are their own category and neither Israelis nor Poles count either. These are all the nations that traditionally like Republicans in the US.

dps

Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2012, 12:43:07 AM

But none of the nations he is visiting is really European. Brits are their own category and neither Israelis nor Poles count either. These are all the nations that traditionally like Republicans in the US.

I'm surprised that Poles really have any preference one way or the other between Democrats and Republicans.  I figured that they would still be debating Federalists vs Anti-Federalists.

;)

Martinus

Quote from: dps on July 26, 2012, 12:51:43 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 26, 2012, 12:43:07 AM

I'm surprised that Poles really have any preference one way or the other between Democrats and Republicans.  I figured that they would still be debating Federalists vs Anti-Federalists.

;)

Well, Republican presidents since Reagan at least have been traditionally involved with this part of Europe, whereas Democrats largely ignore it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2012, 11:52:43 PM
At any rate, it's my thread, and I'll do what I like with it.

Fuck you, you filthy fucking nigger.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2012, 01:56:07 AM

The recognized term is "nigger faggot". :contract:

Sheilbh

He's not pandering to anyone foreign. He's using the trip to make his point that Obama abandoned and confuses America's allies, while giving hope to her enemies. A Romney Presidency will change that. Nothing is about diplomacy or convincing foreigners.

He's got a bit of a tin ear. Maybe shouldn't have made comments about the London games today :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Gups

He's not making any friends over here, but I'm sure he doesn't care much about that as long as he can get roll out his ZOMG I saved the SLC Olympics and I can save America schitick

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 26, 2012, 01:56:07 AM
None of those up here.  It's nice.

At any rate, the whole 'Foreign policy guy' thing was tried by McCain, who at least had the credentials to claim that, and they still lost.  Are they just going to run the same playbook over and over again?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 26, 2012, 06:51:14 AM
He's got a bit of a tin ear. Maybe shouldn't have made comments about the London games today :bleeding:

It is odd that he thought he should criticize them...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

QuoteREPUBLICAN presidential candidate Mitt Romney has quickly caused a stir on his overseas tour by questioning whether Britain is prepared to pull off the Olympic Games without problems.

"It's hard to know just how well it will turn out," Romney told NBC News, and he called the late-developing concerns over security staffing "disconcerting".

Romney, a former businessman and one-term governor who managed the Salt Lake City Olympics in 2002, is largely untested on the world's political stage, and he hopes to assert himself in a tight and highly expensive presidential race with foreign visits that also include Israel and Poland.

He ended up putting British Prime Minister David Cameron at least briefly on the defensive.

In response to Romney's remarks, Cameron said: "We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course it's easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere."  :lol: :lol:

He apparently was referring to Utah, the site of the Games Romney managed. The lively British media pounced. "PM delivers Olympic putdown to Romney," The Times newspaper in London trumpeted.

Meeting with British officials is typically one of the first priorities of any new US president, and establishing those relationships beforehand can help any transition. President Barack Obama met with British leaders when he took a trip abroad while campaigning for president in 2008.

During the public portion of his meeting with Cameron, Romney tried to smooth over his earlier comments.

"It is impossible for absolutely no mistakes to occur," he said. "Of course there will be errors from time to time, but those are all overshadowed by the extraordinary demonstrations of courage, character and determination by the athletes."

After the meeting, Romney told reporters that he and Cameron spoke "at length" about Syria as well as Libya, Pakistan and other countries.

Romney also met with former prime minister Tony Blair and with Ed Miliband, the leader of the opposition Labour Party.

Meetings followed with Foreign Secretary William Hague and Deputy Prime Ministe Nick Clegg.

The meetings come a day after the Daily Telegraph newspaper published a story quoting an unidentified Romney campaign adviser saying the Republican believes the US relationship with Britain is special because of shared "Anglo-Saxon heritage" and the White House doesn't appreciate that shared history.

Romney quickly distanced himself from any such view.

"I don't agree with whoever that adviser might be," Romney told NBC News, "but do agree that we have a very common bond between ourselves and Great Britain."

Later Thursday, Romney planned to hold a high-dollar fundraiser. One of the hosts, former Barclays CEO Bob Diamond, withdrew from the event after he resigned in the wake of a rate-rigging scandal involving British banks.

Diamond had already sent a check for $US2500 ($A2430). So have 82 others who listed their employer as Barclays or Barclays Capital on US Federal Election Commission records.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/breaking-news/romney-causes-stir-in-britain/story-e6freuz9-1226436272277

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19006480  :lol:

/Seedy
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.