Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

Started by garbon, July 25, 2012, 01:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on August 01, 2012, 08:09:21 PM
Some people may just look at it more in traditional, legal and practical terms as a man and a woman.

:huh:

Those are only traditional and legal terms because that's how we generally let it be. Not sure what you mean on "practical" unless that just a rhetorical bit.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Thinking about it though, depending on what they feel of same sex marriage it can be bigotry. But I'm thinking that it's possible to disagree with gay marriage without being bigoted. Some people may just look at it more in traditional, legal and practical terms as a man and a woman.

They can look at it however they want, but it's still bigoted.

Ten years or however long ago Obama and many other people thought gay marriage was wrong. That doesn't make it not bigoted; it's merely that the bigotry was generally unexamined and socially acceptable.

However, now, ten years later, such bigotry stands out more.

Jacob

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on August 01, 2012, 08:14:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 01, 2012, 08:10:17 PMYour bigotry has been noted.

Yours was noted a long time ago  :bowler:
As well it should be.  I have no problem condemning faggotry and other attempts to turn society against itself.  We're a community, not a group of individuals.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2012, 08:12:13 PM
Some people may just look at it more in traditional, legal and practical terms as a man and a woman.

:huh:

Those are only traditional and legal terms because that's how we generally let it be. Not sure what you mean on "practical" unless that just a rhetorical bit.
Not sure, just thinking that some people feel same sex marriage doesn't make sense in every day terms, not religious or anything.

Siege

"Every day is a chick-fil-a day."
I heard a retard say that.

KRonn

Quote from: Jacob on August 01, 2012, 08:13:45 PM
Thinking about it though, depending on what they feel of same sex marriage it can be bigotry. But I'm thinking that it's possible to disagree with gay marriage without being bigoted. Some people may just look at it more in traditional, legal and practical terms as a man and a woman.

They can look at it however they want, but it's still bigoted.

Ten years or however long ago Obama and many other people thought gay marriage was wrong. That doesn't make it not bigoted; it's merely that the bigotry was generally unexamined and socially acceptable.

However, now, ten years later, such bigotry stands out more.
Just earlier this year Obama didn't support same sex marriage. I think tossing the word bigot out is just too easy, and too loaded. And I 'm in favor on same sex marriage, just pondering over the whole bigoted term being used so easily.

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on August 01, 2012, 08:23:18 PM
I am a bigot.

You should just be a misanthrope.  Less stress figuring out who you should hate.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: KRonn on August 01, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
Just earlier this year Obama didn't support same sex marriage.
It's a reflection of the times.  People didn't know any better back then.

Siege

Quote from: Valmy on August 01, 2012, 08:36:44 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 01, 2012, 08:23:18 PM
I am a bigot.

You should just be a misanthrope.  Less stress figuring out who you should hate.

Don't use fancy words with me.
English is just a fourth language.

KRonn

Quote from: DGuller on August 01, 2012, 08:38:06 PM
Quote from: KRonn on August 01, 2012, 08:36:07 PM
Just earlier this year Obama didn't support same sex marriage.
It's a reflection of the times.  People didn't know any better back then.

:D

Siege

I support diferent sex marriage.

One day this position will be scandalous, with people no longer having children and shit.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2012, 08:10:04 PM
It's just a simple opinion when you voice that people in a happy, healthy committed relationship shouldn't be able to have their relationship recognized by the state and that God will punish us for such abominations?

You do understand I hope that Christians believe God sets his own policy and lobbying is neither productive or allowed.

QuoteYes, because it is easier to just provide funds to a group that aims to make gay people straight rather than taking a hot second to learn about homosexuality and see that its okay. Sorry but not in this day and age.

With both of those items, one is really just being spiteful.

In his belief system making a gay person straight will improve their situation.  That to me is the antithesis of bigotry.