Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

Started by garbon, July 25, 2012, 01:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

The dude on the left looks like he is going to murder somebody. or a younger George Brett.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 01, 2012, 05:56:26 PM
The dude on the left looks like he is going to murder somebody. or a younger George Brett.

lol, Berkut?  He looks like he posts, right?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2012, 05:57:08 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 01, 2012, 05:56:26 PM

Yes.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 01, 2012, 05:57:08 PM

Other than the fact his fingers look very articulated.

Faeelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 01, 2012, 05:51:51 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on August 01, 2012, 04:32:33 PM
I don't see the simplification? People are angry that Cathy thinks God's judgment will come to America if it allows gay marriage and because Chick Fila gives millions to anti-gay groups.

"I'm not sure that there are many consumer products that want to be associated with bigotry."

You're right. She has a genuine belief that God will punish this nation for its arrogance in thinking gays can marry.

DGuller

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Faeelin on August 01, 2012, 06:02:18 PM
You're right. She has a genuine belief that God will punish this nation for its arrogance in thinking gays can marry.

Is that what the word bigot means to you?

Faeelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 01, 2012, 06:03:39 PM
Quote from: Faeelin on August 01, 2012, 06:02:18 PM

Is that what the word bigot means to you?

Evidently!

I don't think someone gets a pass on their beliefs just because they are religious beliefs.

Faeelin

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 01, 2012, 06:06:09 PM
I don't understand the rules of your game.

I don't understand your point. You don't think you believe she is a bigot because she has a religious justification for her viewpoint. I don't think that's relevant; plenty of religious people can and have had bigoted views.

Would you prefer the term "morally wrong?"

Ed Anger

You people are making me hungry. And they don't have the banana pudding milkshakes right now. Peach? Sucks.

Faeelin

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 01, 2012, 06:11:36 PM
You people are making me hungry. And they don't have the banana pudding milkshakes right now. Peach? Sucks.

Try KFC.

CountDeMoney

And they don't have the banana pudding milkshakes right now. Peach? Sucks.

Yeah, I was bitching about that one yesterday.

dps

Quote from: KRonn on August 01, 2012, 05:50:32 PM
I don't have any Chick-Fil-A restaurants nearby. Some north of Boston. I'd like to go now though, given all the crap over what the owner thinks of marriage. Dumb for the pols to try and stop them for their owner's views. Same as if a pro-abortion owner tries to open a store in, say, a city where the mayor is anti-abortion and wants to stop it for their views. That's just wrong.

Yeah.  Individuals are, and should be, free to decline to patronize an establishment if they disagree with the owners' political/social views, but the government trying to block the opening of businesses based on those views is a whole other kettle of fish.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Faeelin on August 01, 2012, 06:13:14 PM

Try KFC.

Is this because they have Banana Pudding milkshakes, or because of the gay? Remember, I can't be swayed by social issues.