Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

Started by garbon, July 25, 2012, 01:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Faeelin on August 01, 2012, 04:37:14 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 01, 2012, 04:33:12 PM
Nobody has accused the company itself of being discriminatory towards LGBT employees right? This is all because someone didn't like something the CEO said and some political hacks started trying to block the opening of new stores in their cities?

Not quite; she was responding to a question about Chick Fila's donations to anti-gay groups. Her reply for some reason made people aware of donations the group has done for years.

I haven't eaten there because they donated to Exodus International, which supports conversion therapy for gays. Having gone through that as a teenager, they can fuck off.

http://equalitymatters.org/factcheck/201207020001

The numbers to the most vehemently gay organizations are relatively small, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them increase now.

What's really weird about this controversy is that she could've just said "we donate to support traditional American family, we don't agree with extreme tactics" and it would've been like Cathy's past interviews.

The religious expression which got everyone:

Quotethink we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" Cathy said. "I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."
Dan Cathy is a guy, and the author of that statement.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on August 01, 2012, 04:37:14 PM
I haven't eaten there because they donated to Exodus International, which supports conversion therapy for gays. Having gone through that as a teenager, they can fuck off.

All this rage because they donated $1,000?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

Quote from: garbon on August 01, 2012, 05:03:11 PM
All this rage because they donated $1,000?

Yea, actually. They are free to apologize, but until they do so, I will assume they agreed with the organization when they donated.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

garbon

CountDeMoney

Well, Languishites don't give a fuck about political correctness:

Here's Berkut and Habbaku in front of the one in Lancaster, PA at the World Boardgaming Championships:

And here they are, as we were about to be all homophobic over lunch yesterday:

GOD BLESS AMERICA AND FUCK FAGS COMING BETWEEN US AND OUR CHICKEN SAMMICHES

CountDeMoney

There were some black people there, but they left quickly.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 01, 2012, 05:37:54 PM
http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=overrated_sandwiches
:mad: I stopped reading there:
QuoteEvery Philly cheesesteak sandwich I've ever had has been an exploration of sadness. No other sandwich on this list gets as much scrutiny and faux expertise bloviating about the "real" sandwich as much as the Philly cheesesteak. It's not even a sandwich anymore, it's just an excuse to be smug (like New Yorkers and their magic pizza).

CountDeMoney

garbon

Of course, he reveals he's an idiot when he relates that fries are awful. :rolleyes:

KRonn

I don't have any Chick-Fil-A restaurants nearby. Some north of Boston. I'd like to go now though, given all the crap over what the owner thinks of marriage. Dumb for the pols to try and stop them for their owner's views. Same as if a pro-abortion owner tries to open a store in, say, a city where the mayor is anti-abortion and wants to stop it for their views. That's just wrong.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Faeelin on August 01, 2012, 04:32:33 PM
I don't see the simplification? People are angry that Cathy thinks God's judgment will come to America if it allows gay marriage and because Chick Fila gives millions to anti-gay groups.

"I'm not sure that there are many consumer products that want to be associated with bigotry."