Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

Started by garbon, July 25, 2012, 01:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on July 25, 2012, 11:46:28 PM
Anyway Taco Bell is a fine restaurant, one of only two fast food venues I regularly visit, since it and Subway are the only good/cheap vegetarian venues.

Neither of those even enter the realm of acceptability. For shame!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2012, 11:44:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 11:41:53 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 25, 2012, 11:33:58 PM
i'm not making asinine comments like you have though.

Ain't making none. What Americans have done to Mexican food is lovely. :)

True dat, my mocha non-traditional male friend.  Tex Mex has developed into its own genre, and it's the best of both worlds.

:x
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 11:48:01 PM

Nope, not really. /pretty sure most of America would agree. :)

Then they would be wrong.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 11:48:24 PM
Anyway Taco Bell is a fine restaurant, one of only two fast food venues I regularly visit, since it and Subway are the only good/cheap vegetarian venues.

The veggie patty sub is delicious, as is a volcano burrito with beans instead of beef. :mmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on July 25, 2012, 11:55:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 11:48:24 PM

The veggie patty sub is delicious, as is a volcano burrito with beans instead of beef. :mmm:

I'mma give you a South Carolina exemption.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on July 25, 2012, 11:51:47 PM
And no.

Oh btw, did we want to play what did people really say when they supposedly made a point that Baja California has a sizable Chinese population?

Quote from: katmaiSome of the best Chinese food I've had was in Tijuana.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 11:59:17 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 25, 2012, 11:51:47 PM
And no.

Oh btw, did we want to play what did people really say when they supposedly made a point that Baja California has a sizable Chinese population?

Quote from: katmaiSome of the best Chinese food I've had was in Tijuana.

Because their is a huge Chinese population, jesus you are a fucking idiot Kyle.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 11:23:14 PM
Also Californian Mexican/Tex-Mex is better than anything Mexico produced on its own.
Although I like Tex-Mex cuisine, I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this.  I'm not sure I know what 'Californian Mexican' is unless you're talking about giant SF-style burritos, but authentic Mexican food is one of the world's great cuisines IMO.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Gups

I spent three weeks in Mexico a while ago and TBH got bored shitless with the food. Everywhere seemed to offer the same few dishes. This was all in the Yucatan and Mexico City, might be different to the cuisine further north.

MadBurgerMaker

Jalisco is where it's at for "regular" Mexican food. 

E:  Uh.  This, you know, doesn't necessarily mean that JALISCO TAQUERIA #2767 joint around the corner from your laundromat is actually any good.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2012, 10:52:00 PM
I have noticed that throughout the Baltimore metro area--and this is anecdotal, mind you, simply from my experiences in fast food, which is legion--is that the Chik-fil-As aren't nearly as...well...as diverse as other fast food restaurants.

I mean, the Hunt Valley Chik-fil-A I went to today, the girls in the back looked like the Towson University JV cheerleading squad.  The Burger King down the block?  Straight outta Greenmount and E. 25th Street, yo.  Same with the Mickey D's Steak House next door.

I've noticed that about all the Chik-fil-As around here. 

Veddy interestink.  :hmm:

I noticed the whiteness at the one in Beavercreek Ohio near Wright State. Mostly skinny cute chicks, with a few older and chucky whites thrown in. Miller Lane in Dayton? NEGRO CITY. And better chicken too.

But I have also noticed a distict lack of black waitresses in sit down restaurants in the past few years.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 26, 2012, 06:07:41 AM
But I have also noticed a distict lack of black waitresses in sit down restaurants in the past few years.

They moved up.  Now they're all officers at the Department of Corrections.

Ed Anger

About 3 months ago, I had this white waitress that was a dead ringer for Layne Staley. I kept looking around for Cantrell to show up.

I just wanted to share that. I didn't want her number.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 26, 2012, 06:47:30 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 26, 2012, 06:41:59 AM
waitress that was a dead ringer for Layne Staley.
:hmm:

All she needed was that nanny goat chin beard and she was early AiC Staley.

My Big Boy and fries was delicious however. CHEESE AND PICKLES ONLY.