Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

Started by garbon, July 25, 2012, 01:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: katmai on July 25, 2012, 09:42:02 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 25, 2012, 09:40:03 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 25, 2012, 09:36:12 PM
There has to be some better alternative than Taco Bell near you though?

Yes there are

None of those links work for me, and I was asking ET who is in Georgia not some Dallasian! :P

PEBKAC, and I thought you were talking to FM. :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on July 25, 2012, 09:39:11 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 25, 2012, 09:37:54 PM
One thing to note is that by boycotting the neighborhood Chick-Fil-A, you are hurting the local franchisee, who may not be a hater and in fact totally innocent.
I kind of assume their typical franchisee is also a religious nut.  Close on Sunday and flush 1/7 of my potential profits down the toilet?  SOUNDS LIKE AN OSSUM IDEA.

I doubt they're losing 1/7 of their profits. For one, people are less likely to get fast food on Sunday. Also, people who don't get Chick-fil-A Sunday are more likely to crave it on Monday.

@Katmai- dunno. I only go to Taco Bell like once or twice a year anyway.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on July 25, 2012, 09:42:07 PM
@kat Happens to me sometimes too.  It's hit or miss. :hmm:

It has happened the last three times (granted that many visits is spread out over last 3 years :P) I've woken up in middle of night sick. I use to enjoy eating there for similar reason Funk mentioned (well I was working job in graveyard shift and only option for hot food at 2am was the Taco Bell 2 blocks away)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 25, 2012, 09:44:50 PM

PEBKAC, and I thought you were talking to FM. :P

Oh I know the quality of Taco Joints in San Antonio, my dad keeps telling me about them all and bitching about cost of tacos here compared to down there :lol:

katmai

One thing to note is that by boycotting the neighborhood Chick-Fil-A, you are hurting the local franchisee, who may not be a hater and in fact totally innocent.

I don't care I'm boycotting my local one.....granted my local one seems to be in Sacramento area :P

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on July 25, 2012, 09:28:56 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 25, 2012, 09:27:12 PM
They closed the Arby's near me and are converting it to Popeye's. There already was a Popeye's, I just had to drive a little farther. Now there's no Arby's. That used to be the least-unhealthy lazy food.

Anchorage's one and only Popeye's is across the street from one of seven Arbys we have....who knew Arbys was so popular here.

Why the fuck would anyone there go to Popeye's when you got the Lucky Wishbone?

katmai

sbr

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 25, 2012, 09:33:05 PM
Quote from: sbr on July 25, 2012, 09:26:41 PM
Muchas Gracias is my new go-to fast food place.  Sooo good and open 24/7.

Aside from the music, that's a really well-done website.

:D  I didn't have my headphones on and didn't realize there was music.

sbr

Quote from: katmai on July 25, 2012, 09:50:24 PM

I don't care I'm boycotting my local one.....granted my local one seems to be in Sacramento area :P

The one in Boise is closer to me but there is no way I would go to Boise for anything, much less a chicken sammich.

Berkut

Chik-fil-A are not really franchises, btw.

They local "owner-operator" is a employee of Chik-fil-A, and does not own the store really at all.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

I have noticed that throughout the Baltimore metro area--and this is anecdotal, mind you, simply from my experiences in fast food, which is legion--is that the Chik-fil-As aren't nearly as...well...as diverse as other fast food restaurants.

I mean, the Hunt Valley Chik-fil-A I went to today, the girls in the back looked like the Towson University JV cheerleading squad.  The Burger King down the block?  Straight outta Greenmount and E. 25th Street, yo.  Same with the Mickey D's Steak House next door.

I've noticed that about all the Chik-fil-As around here. 

Veddy interestink.  :hmm:

DontSayBanana

There are a Taco Bell, an Arby's, and a Chik-fil-A all outside the mall I work at.  Guess which one I never eat at?  Fuck their politics, that shit's overpriced for what you get.  The only one of their sandwiches I like is the spicy chicken sandwich, and I can get 2 gorditas, a soft taco, and a big-ass soda for less than the cost of the sandwich, all on its lonesome.  Also, half the county seems to be in that Chik-fil-A at any given time- I'm no Mono; I like my elbow room when I eat, dammit. :angry:
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 25, 2012, 09:37:38 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 25, 2012, 09:32:23 PM
I don't think I'm ever going to eat at a Taco Bell again.  I can't believe I stuck with it for so long.

I went to Del Taco for the first time on Sunday.  Better than Taco Bell, but inferior to what we already had.
Before you guys start lecturing me on this shit (yes kat, I know, you're an expert on Mexican crap) I agree in advance that Qdoba, Chipotle, etc. are better.  But for some reason I like the damn chalupas, so sue me.  I also know that it's not real Mexican food as a) I've been to Mexico and eaten at Mexican restautarants, and not ones that cater to tourists, b) we actually have a handful of authentic Mexican restaurants here I patronize as often as I can, meaning when I'm in those neighborhoods.  Puerco pibil and mole poblano =  :punk:

Qdoba and Chipotle are the equivalent of shit so that doesn't say anything.

Also Californian Mexican/Tex-Mex is better than anything Mexico produced on its own.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2012, 06:58:34 PM
I had one of their chicken salad sandwiches today, and laughed at faggots while I ate it.

Oh seriously, you're going to try and get away with laughing at me behind my back?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 11:24:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2012, 06:58:34 PM
I had one of their chicken salad sandwiches today, and laughed at faggots while I ate it.

Oh seriously, you're going to try and get away with laughing at me behind my back?

I would never laugh at you behind your back.  You cut faces.