Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook?

Started by garbon, July 25, 2012, 01:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://gizmodo.com/5928926/chick+fil+a-got-caught-pretending-to-be-a-fake-teenage-girl-on-facebook

QuoteChick-fil-A, home of chicken-loving bigots, is in the middle of a PR nightmare. After Chick-fil-A's COO admitted to being anti-gay, the Jim Henson Company (bless their heart) pulled their toys from Chick-fil-A's kids meals. Only Chick-fil-A claimed the toys were pulled because of a "possible safety issue". That, of course, is a complete lie. A lie that the company may be propagating with fake Facebook accounts of Chick-fil-a sympathists.

Yep, Chick-fil-A is still stuck in its own reality and is doubling down on its lie. Instead of owning up to the fact that The Jim Henson Company stopped doing business with them because they're overrun with bigots, the chicken sandwich company appears to have made fake Facebook accounts to defend its honor on the social network. How do we know the accounts are fake? Just check out this back and forth on Chick-fil-A's Facebook page between real, breathing people and "Abby Farle", a Facebook account that was made 8 hours ago by a chicken PR flack with a stock image of a teenage girl as her profile picture:

It's a dirty, awful trick that is completely embarrassing and just shows how sleazy a company backed up against a wall can be. Especially a company that doesn't believe in treating all humans equally. Of course, there's a chance that this could all be a stunt to shame Chick-fil-A—or an overzealous supporter—but that company hardly needs more shaming. Chick-fil-A is being rightfully pummeled to the ground by anyone who believes in equality, its delicious chicken sandwiches be damned.

How...odd.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Faeelin

The boycott is getting ridiculous. I don't see how the mayor of a city can tell a restaurant he will deny it a permit because he doesn't like their beliefs.

Neil

So we're piling on these guys for using the sorts of marketing tricks that big companies use all the time?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on July 25, 2012, 01:33:09 PM
The boycott is getting ridiculous. I don't see how the mayor of a city can tell a restaurant he will deny it a permit because he doesn't like their beliefs.

Agreed. Only if they were shown to be acting on discriminatory beliefs in their stores would it seem like Menino would have a leg to stand on.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on July 25, 2012, 01:36:49 PM
So we're piling on these guys for using the sorts of marketing tricks that big companies use all the time?

Who was it who posted something recently about "don't get caught"? Weak/poorly done underhanded tactics shame all of us. -_-

Faeelin

It is a bit humorous for a company that's all about Biblical principles to lie while quoting the Bible.

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on July 25, 2012, 01:47:47 PM
It is a bit humorous for a company that's all about Biblical principles to lie while quoting the Bible.

On that, what relevance does John 3:16 even have to that? :hmm:

Berkut

LOL.

That is funny. I for one will certainly not eat at Chik-fil-A.

Of course, that is because the nearest one is several hours away. I cannot resist those delicious nuggets! So tasty!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maximus

The one and only Chick-fil-A I've encountered is at the student union at the university here. I tried them once. The chicken was dry and tasteless and the fries were mealy. I'll pass.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2012, 01:55:25 PM
On that, what relevance does John 3:16 even have to that? :hmm:

I was wondering the same thing.

God so loved the world that he sacrificed Jesus...so therefore Chick-fil-A loves muppets?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Wait, how do we know this is a PR guy?  Couldn't it just be a child molester?  I laughed at the idea of Chick-fil-a sympathizers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

The pictures look like two different people to me.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2012, 02:03:17 PM
The pictures look like two different people to me.

Yes. One is a cow and the other is Jon Stewart.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on July 25, 2012, 02:05:14 PM
Yes. One is a cow and the other is Jon Stewart.

I'll pretend to laugh at your joke if you give me 1,000 zlotys.