News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best and worst crimes for employment?

Started by Capetan Mihali, July 23, 2012, 05:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on July 24, 2012, 04:51:57 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 24, 2012, 04:42:24 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 24, 2012, 04:21:10 PM
Matlock is on!

I prefer Murder, She Wrote. How could one small town be so violent?

I have long suspected that Angela Lansbury played a crazed killer who imagined her own killings were done by other people and she wrote about it from her point of view.

There does have to be something there as it seems like that town was chock full of more killers than citizens.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

I thought some liked to see America as a place you could 'start over' again with relative ease ?

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Sure, a couple hundred years ago you could.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on July 24, 2012, 03:05:57 PM
I thought you guys used DUI though?  DWI (driving while impaired) is the Canadian term.

We use both.  DUI is less severe than a DWI.  It goes by BAC.  However, a DWI automatically gets charged with a DUI, so sniveling prosecutor fucktards can't plead out of it entirely.

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on July 24, 2012, 05:22:14 PM
I thought some liked to see America as a place you could 'start over' again with relative ease ?
We welcomed religious wackos, sure, but generally not criminals (exception: Georgia).
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 23, 2012, 11:32:34 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 23, 2012, 11:31:31 PM
I never had an outstanding warrant for assault.

Uh huh.

It was for FTA.  And I was honestly never given my tickets, and explicitly told that the charges underlying the FTA (half of the total from the incident) would be dropped, which is why I didn't show up to the city court.  You'll recall that when I became aware of the issue I promptly turned myself in.  You may not believe me, but that's rather irrelevant; judge didn't either.  I think that's pretty stupid, as it flies in the face of common sense that someone would "flee" justice by staying at the same address listed on his license when arrested and showing up to court for the more serious charges, then finally turn himself in at a random time for no reason, but whatever.  I behaved with integrity to resolve the problem and that's all that matters to me.

The underlying crimes were open container and minor possession.  BFD.  It was a decade ago.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 24, 2012, 08:59:26 PM
You'll recall that when I became aware of the issue I promptly turned myself in.  You may not believe me, but that's rather irrelevant; judge didn't either.

Yes, I recall that.  You didn't post that weekend.   :lol:

Ideologue

Tell me something, if they hold you for 72 hours, they're supposed to provide you with facilities to bathe and brush your teeth, right?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 24, 2012, 09:04:21 PM
Tell me something, if they hold you for 72 hours, they're supposed to provide you with facilities to bathe and brush your teeth, right?

Uh, no. :lol:  What, you think you were staying at the Four Seasons or something?  Please tell me you asked the turnkey for a toothbrush.

Ideologue

So how many hours is it?  96?  120?  148?  Serious question.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Once you get transferred to the county detention center after your bail review, if you don't post. That's when you get your fucking toothbrush.  And your jumpsuit.  And your little slippers.

That's why you never turn yourself in on a Friday.  You're stuck at the precinct or district station all weekend.  LULZ.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on July 24, 2012, 06:55:49 PM
]We welcomed religious wackos, sure, but generally not criminals (exception: Georgia).

And pretty much anywhere west of the Mississippi. :contract: Though even in the civilized parts you'd be hard pressed to get a hold of criminal records for some FOB Irishman.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 24, 2012, 09:13:52 PM
Once you get transferred to the county detention center after your bail review, if you don't post. That's when you get your fucking toothbrush.  And your jumpsuit.  And your little slippers.

That's why you never turn yourself in on a Friday.  You're stuck at the precinct or district station all weekend.  LULZ.

Didn't; wasn't.  I was sentenced to three days (was five, but I chose, wisely it turns out, to go close to Christmastime).

I ask because the protocol at the facility, as relayed to me by employees of the facility, was 48 hours?-->go to county. :P
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on July 24, 2012, 09:17:29 PM
I ask because the protocol at the facility, as relayed to me by employees of the facility, was 48 hours?-->go to county. :P

Three days, it wouldn't even have been worth moving you.  By the time you got there and processed, it'd practically be time to process you out.

Nah, he can go without a toothbrush for three days.