What age do you find women to be most attractive?

Started by FunkMonk, July 18, 2012, 07:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What age do you find women to be most attractive?

14-17 (Siege pick this)
4 (6.5%)
18-25
21 (33.9%)
26-33
26 (41.9%)
34-41
5 (8.1%)
42-49
2 (3.2%)
50+
1 (1.6%)
I only like women named Jaron
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 08:45:47 AM
My guess is this is why men find teenagers attractive.  :ph34r:

Not sure many of us find 14 year olds attractive though...particularly 14 year olds from 1860 or whenever that was.  Those girls probably looked like a 9 year old today.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 19, 2012, 09:00:48 AM
You pretty much have your answer here. For males, attraction is driven primarily by physical traits.

Well...even for those of us who it isn't it is not like you can oogle random strangers for their beautiful personalities.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2012, 09:03:32 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 19, 2012, 09:00:48 AM
You pretty much have your answer here. For males, attraction is driven primarily by physical traits.

Well...even for those of us who it isn't it is not like you can oogle random strangers for their beautiful personalities.
Ya. I doubt the phrase "man i bet she's really smart and a great conversationalist" ever passed the lips of any man when he saw a woman walk by :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 07:38:20 AM
I will say that I'm kind of grossed out at the idea that anyone would even consider girls in the 14-17 age range "women". Do you consider boys in that age bracket "men"? Sure, teens can be attractive, but they're not grown and really just shouldn't be - even jokingly - thrown in there.*

*And yes, that's the Mama Bear in me coming out. My 13-year-old daughter is gorgeous and is often hit on by guys much, much older than her. I don't like the idea that any of you would even think to do such a thing.

As someone who teaches kids in that age range, I totally agree with you. Even if they're physically mature, they're certainly not emotional or mentally mature, and I can't see how anyone other than a teenage boy could find them attractive in a sexual or relationship sense. IMO, that applies to most under 20.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2012, 09:02:41 AM
Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 08:45:47 AM
My guess is this is why men find teenagers attractive.  :ph34r:

Not sure many of us find 14 year olds attractive though...particularly 14 year olds from 1860 or whenever that was.  Those girls probably looked like a 9 year old today.

Except it was the adult teeth that had just fallen out rather than the baby teeth.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on July 19, 2012, 08:38:17 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 19, 2012, 08:30:09 AM
Quote from: HVC on July 19, 2012, 08:22:43 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on July 19, 2012, 08:20:31 AM

People always skip the OP in polls.  :(
Ya, ya. it all makes sense know. you were the guy hitting on the 14 year old, weren't you? WEREN'T YOU?!?

My cover is blown! :o  :lol:

The question is ... were you.  :ph34r:
I just got that!

... carry on :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on July 19, 2012, 09:10:47 AM
As someone who teaches kids in that age range, I totally agree with you. Even if they're physically mature, they're certainly not emotional or mentally mature, and I can't see how anyone other than a teenage boy could find them attractive in a sexual or relationship sense. IMO, that applies to most under 20.

Well you cannot tell that until you meet them.  I work at a University and there are tons of beautiful young women all over the place but I know alot of them are 18 and 19 and would be incredibly annoying to me if I were to get to know them.  But I thought this thread was a purely physical thing.

Grey Fox

Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 07:38:20 AM
I will say that I'm kind of grossed out at the idea that anyone would even consider girls in the 14-17 age range "women". Do you consider boys in that age bracket "men"? Sure, teens can be attractive, but they're not grown and really just shouldn't be - even jokingly - thrown in there.*

*And yes, that's the Mama Bear in me coming out. My 13-year-old daughter is gorgeous and is often hit on by guys much, much older than her. I don't like the idea that any of you would even think to do such a thing.

But you interact with them. Age carried differently on a internet picture or passing at the mall or anywhere else.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: The Larch on July 19, 2012, 04:38:39 AM
Unless it's Sheilbh.

I don't know what he told you, but Shaun isn't 20.

In other news, I turn 29 again this year. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2012, 09:28:21 AM

Well you cannot tell that until you meet them.  I work at a University and there are tons of beautiful young women all over the place but I know alot of them are 18 and 19 and would be incredibly annoying to me if I were to get to know them.  But I thought this thread was a purely physical thing.

This.  I can appreciate how even teenagers can be pretty and attractive, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in a relationship with one.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on July 19, 2012, 08:41:10 AM
Quote from: Martinus on July 19, 2012, 08:08:01 AM
Quote from: merithyn on July 19, 2012, 07:43:54 AM
And that doesn't answer my question, Tamas. Do you consider boys 14-17 men?

Don't girls mature faster than boys though? I think for a long time the marriage eligible age was different for those groups.

Physically yes which can be sorta creepy when you have a girl who looks 20 but has the mental maturity of a ten year old.

Look, you, what I do with my fast-aged XX-clones is none of your damned business.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Brazen on July 19, 2012, 08:41:48 AM
I was interested to find out the other day that in an era where people married young, women didn't reach puberty until later in life, at around 18. In England, the average in 1840 was 16.5 years, compared to today's average age of menarche of about 12.5 years.

Really?  That's bizarre.  What happened?
Kinemalogue

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on July 19, 2012, 10:42:24 AM
This.  I can appreciate how even teenagers can be pretty and attractive, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in a relationship with one.

No shit.  It was annoying dating teenage girls even when I was a teenager.  So when I got in college I tried going out with older wimmenz.  When I was 20 I went out with a 30-year old and quickly realized that was going a little far.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Ideologue on July 19, 2012, 10:44:54 AM
Quote from: Brazen on July 19, 2012, 08:41:48 AM
I was interested to find out the other day that in an era where people married young, women didn't reach puberty until later in life, at around 18. In England, the average in 1840 was 16.5 years, compared to today's average age of menarche of about 12.5 years.

Really?  That's bizarre.  What happened?

I believe it has something to do with hormones in the milk/beef products.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ideologue on July 19, 2012, 10:38:19 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 19, 2012, 04:38:39 AM
Unless it's Sheilbh.

I don't know what he told you, but Shaun isn't 20.

In other news, I turn 29 again this year. :)

How many times have you turned 29?  :ph34r:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.