News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale

Started by Syt, July 12, 2012, 12:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zanza on July 15, 2012, 03:02:14 AM
Is Civ5 without the expansion worth 10 Euro?

It depends. If you really liked Civ 4 and thought it was the pinnacle of the series, you may not like Civ 5 very much.

Personally, I could never go back to Civ 4. The hex system and combat are so superior to Civ 4's that if they go back to the Stack of Doom-based combat in Civ 6 I will likely never buy it. The culture/social policy track is a little more restricting than in Civ 4, but I rarely ever play for culture victories anyway. Plus I like being able to buy tiles with money. The AI has been massively improved since the game's release too, though I'm not sure how much of this is due to G&K and how much is due to patching.

If you're still really not sure, I'd say hold off until G&K goes on sale too. It adds religion and espionage to the game which really gives the game a lot more flavor.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 14, 2012, 03:42:08 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 14, 2012, 01:00:19 PM
Picked up the new Deus Ex.  I can't believe I missed the release of that game last year.

Tell me more.
I've only been through the first real level (not counting the introductory level).  Looks very good so far.

Berkut

Skyrim is 50% off, down under $30. Is it time?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on July 15, 2012, 11:11:44 AM

I acquired it when it was out, and I quite liked it for a while. Did the quite nice mage guild questline, completed it, got named master mage, and then proceeded to move around in an unchanged world doing errands and shit.
People play it for immersion, but I think it lacks it.

Tamas

Buy Deus Ex instead, Berk.

Habbaku

I was waiting until near the end of the sale to buy The Walking Dead--they had it for 25% off.

Today only, they have it for 40% off.  Patience pays!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

FunkMonk

I got an achievement called "Ow My Balls!" for doing my first nutshot and testicle assault.

:wub:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

I haven't really seen anything that interests me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on July 15, 2012, 11:11:44 AM

If you liked any of the ES games, you'll like this one.  It pretty much has all the strengths of the other games, and few (if any) of the weaknesses.

As Tamas notes, you won't always be a great world-changer, but you can be if you want to be.  I find it more fun to just be a bit player on the fringes of big events.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I tried to get portal 2 but it won't let me use paypal for some reason. gah
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on July 16, 2012, 04:18:42 AM
I tried to get portal 2 but it won't let me use paypal for some reason. gah

Paypal works fine for me.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

I bought Ys : Origin (pronounce Eece, apparently) while it was on Flash Sale.

Holy Hell, the grind. I feel like I'm playing a Super NES game.

I hate checkpoint save? PC game damn it, save everywhere!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I wanted to get Dead Space 1&2 on the flash sale, but I can't seem to log in from work. Well, maybe it'll come up again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Had my first boss fight in the new Deus Ex.  God, that's some annoying shit.  Boss fights are so not what this game is about.  Even despite that, it looks like a highly worthy successor of the original Deus Ex.

Tamas

Quote from: DGuller on July 16, 2012, 08:36:58 AM
Had my first boss fight in the new Deus Ex.  God, that's some annoying shit.  Boss fights are so not what this game is about.  Even despite that, it looks like a highly worthy successor of the original Deus Ex.

Yes the boss fights are  badly out of place. I hated them.

That said, they are actually not that hard.