News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale

Started by Syt, July 12, 2012, 12:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on July 16, 2012, 08:36:58 AM
Had my first boss fight in the new Deus Ex.  God, that's some annoying shit.  Boss fights are so not what this game is about.  Even despite that, it looks like a highly worthy successor of the original Deus Ex.

Funny but true story: the boss fights were outsourced to a different programming team.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 16, 2012, 08:23:18 AM
I bought Ys : Origin (pronounce Eece, apparently) while it was on Flash Sale.

Holy Hell, the grind. I feel like I'm playing a Super NES game.

I hate checkpoint save? PC game damn it, save everywhere!

I remember play Ys for the SNES.  I had no idea that "Origin" was pronounced "Eece".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

EU3 is 75% off for the next 11 hours.  Complete is $3.74, Chronicles is $7.49.  Heir to the Throne is $2.50.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on July 14, 2012, 01:00:19 PM
Picked up the new Deus Ex.  I can't believe I missed the release of that game last year.

I"m going to try to replay the original before I take start the new one.  It's been like a decade since I played that game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

What's the four flash sales at the moment? It says one isn't available in my region.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Syt on July 17, 2012, 02:11:13 AM
What's the four flash sales at the moment? It says one isn't available in my region.

It shows
Dungeon Siege III
EU III
Pendulo Studios pack
and has
Crysis 2 but shows no time left on sale and 0% discount.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

Ok, that'll be Dungeon Siege III then, which I bought in a previous Steam sale.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Is Just Cause 2 worth $3.74?

:lol:

Syt

Didn't it get pretty decent reviews?

My list'o'loot so far:

- DX:HR
- Bejeweled 3
- Terraria
- Civ IV complete (so I don't have to use my disks anymor - yes, I'm THAT lazy)
- Dead Island
- Binding of Isaac
- Batman collection (too cheap to pass up on, though I didn't install that Imposters crap)
- Company of Heroes pack
- Theater of War complete
- Frozen Synapse (anyone want my second license?)
- Orcs Must Die
- Cities XL (yeah, it's supposed to be crap, but how many city builders are there atm? Not gonna wait for new SimCity)

No idea when I'm supposed to play all that crap, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould

katmai

Quote from: Syt on July 18, 2012, 12:42:55 AM
Didn't it get pretty decent reviews?

Yeah it has metacritic score of 84, just wanted some hands on review from someone i know :P

My list'o'loot so far:

- DX:HR
- Bejeweled 3
- Terraria
- Civ IV complete (so I don't have to use my disks anymor - yes, I'm THAT lazy)
- Dead Island
- Binding of Isaac
- Batman collection (too cheap to pass up on, though I didn't install that Imposters crap)
- Company of Heroes pack
- Theater of War complete
- Frozen Synapse (anyone want my second license?)
- Orcs Must Die
- Cities XL (yeah, it's supposed to be crap, but how many city builders are there atm? Not gonna wait for new SimCity)

No idea when I'm supposed to play all that crap, though.

Whew i was feeling bad by
Saints Row 3
Max Payne 3
Red Faction Guerrilla
Dead Space 2
Alan Wake
and Bioshock 2

Grey Fox

Quote from: katmai on July 18, 2012, 12:20:54 AM

Yes. It's my favorite sandbox game*, much more fun then the modern GTA.

*Haven't played Saints Row yet.

Grey Fox

The Damage :

Civ G&K + Korea pack + 2 other Civs.
Shoot Many Robots
Ys Origin
Saints Row 3

46.22$ (bought Civ G&K a GMG for 19.50)

Hoping Krater comes back as a daily/flash since it failed the Community vote & for a bigger rebate on Jade Empire

Syt

I like the Rail Simulator sale. If you buy all 100+ DLCs it'll set you back over €740, even though most of it is 50% off. :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on July 18, 2012, 12:20:54 AM

Oh yeah.  Game is a blast.  You fly around causing as much destruction as possible.  I do mean fly.  You can and often will steal jets and helicopters and if there aren't any, you have a parachute and a retractable grappling hook that allows you to para sail across the map.