The Thurston Mittens the 3rd Veep Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, July 06, 2012, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2012, 08:02:44 PM
Quote from: katmai on August 08, 2012, 06:17:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2012, 06:15:06 PM
There's been a hell of a lot of chatter in the Teabagger community over Ryan.

That was the third!

By all means, please put the guy that's trying to take old people's healthcare away from them on the ticket.  Please oh please oh please.

It could be the second coming of Al Haig and you'd slander him all the same.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on August 08, 2012, 10:51:58 PM

That was the third!

By all means, please put the guy that's trying to take old people's healthcare away from them on the ticket.  Please oh please oh please.

And it could be Sarah Palin on the ticket again, and you'd vote for her.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Romney is the best example why business and politics should not mix, at least not directly. Why? Because it is bad for business.

The "shady dealings" Romney is being accused of (e.g. setting up a LuxCo structure to optimise tax treatment of the cash you repatriate from your investment) are pretty much a standard fare in all private equity deals, expected by investors and practiced by everybody. But to an uninitiated eye of the bloodthirsty public they look like a crime of crimes. Sigh. 

Martinus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 13, 2012, 10:23:17 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 13, 2012, 09:40:45 PM

Yeah, everybody's a big meanie to him.  For a campaign that survived that pit bull fight of a primary, they sure seem lost playing defense.

It's a GOP thing. They just suck at creating the frame and making everyone else argue on their terms. Always defensive. Makes them sound petulant. Been that way as long as I remember.

Are you kidding me? Republicans are perfect at framing the debate - it's the Democrats who suck at it. Why do you think anti-abortion lunatics managed to get themselves called "Pro-Life"?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2012, 02:32:58 AM
Are you kidding me? Republicans are perfect at framing the debate - it's the Democrats who suck at it. Why do you think anti-abortion lunatics managed to get themselves called "Pro-Life"?

:mellow:

Abortion proponents call themselves Pro Choice.

Razgovory

They did pretty good at framing the debate in the Health Care thing.  Ask a person if he supports "Obamacare" and he'll likely say no.  Ask him about the individual provisos and he'll likely say yes on all the major ones.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 09, 2012, 03:05:56 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2012, 02:32:58 AM

:mellow:

Abortion proponents call themselves Pro Choice.

And considering news organizations are apt to use the terms "anti-abortion" and "pro-choice", they haven't been all that successful. Marty's being an idiot as usual.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

The General would ever propose the kind of budget proposal bullshit Ryan invents.  The General was an economic pragmatist, not an unyielding ideologue bent on the destruction of the economy to score partisan points.

Phillip V

Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2012, 02:27:25 AM
Romney is the best example why business and politics should not mix, at least not directly. Why? Because it is bad for business.

The "shady dealings" Romney is being accused of (e.g. setting up a LuxCo structure to optimise tax treatment of the cash you repatriate from your investment) are pretty much a standard fare in all private equity deals, expected by investors and practiced by everybody. But to an uninitiated eye of the bloodthirsty public they look like a crime of crimes. Sigh. 
He didn't do that. Somebody else made that happen.

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on August 08, 2012, 11:44:01 PM

That was the third!

And it could be Sarah Palin on the ticket again, and you'd vote for her.

Probably would depend on who was running for President. After all, I voted for Palin though she was more of sore spot when casting my ballot for McCain.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2012, 08:32:21 AM
Probably would depend on who was running for President. After all, I voted for Palin though she was more of sore spot when casting my ballot for McCain.

I remember my Dad was leaning McCain about 70/30, right up to the point Palin demonstrated exactly how vapid and uneducated she really was.  No way in hell after that.

And this is the guy that voted Bush in 2000, because he was comfortable with the fact that Dick Cheney would really be the one running the White House.  :lol:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2012, 08:41:28 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2012, 08:32:21 AM

I remember my Dad was leaning McCain about 70/30, right up to the point Palin demonstrated exactly how vapid and uneducated she really was.  No way in hell after that.

And this is the guy that voted Bush in 2000, because he was comfortable with the fact that Dick Cheney would really be the one running the White House.  :lol:

I couldn't vote for the promise of chocolate milk in drinking fountains.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2012, 06:35:03 AM

The General would ever propose the kind of budget proposal bullshit Ryan invents.  The General was an economic pragmatist, not an unyielding ideologue bent on the destruction of the economy to score partisan points.

And yet, if The General were running for Veep on the GOP ticket opposing Obama, you'd throw him under the bus the first chance you got.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 09, 2012, 09:13:15 AM
And yet, if The General were running for Veep on the GOP ticket opposing Obama, you'd throw him under the bus the first chance you got.

No, I wouldn't.  Because he's dead now.

Martinus

Quote from: Phillip V on August 09, 2012, 08:21:00 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 09, 2012, 02:27:25 AM

He didn't do that. Somebody else made that happen.

I don't get your point.