News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New company car

Started by Slargos, May 09, 2009, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

I'm getting a new car sometime this fall, which is always great. However, this time we're doing van with integrated demo kitchen which makes for a poor vehicle for private locomotion. I have thus begun toying with the idea of a second car. Presently i am standing infront of the mitsubishi lancer sportsback which i have taken an immediate liking to. Does anyone have any impressions of it?

katmai

I have an impression of you dying in flaming car wreck as you drive it out of control one wintery night.

:hug:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

But really, no info on them, not my type of car.

Zanza

Based on Google image search, I have to say it has a stupid looking spoiler at the back. Driving that shows that you can't afford a really fast car.

Slargos

I hadn't noticed. Thanks. Stricken from the potentials.

katmai

Yeah quick read it's the little hatchback wagon version of the Lancer.

Slargos

My first choice would be the shelby gt which the grill of the lancer sortof reminds me of, but at $200k or thereabout in norway, it's not really in my price range.

Zanza

What about a BMW 1 series? It's a sporty hatchback and doesn't look stupid (IMHO).

The Brain

If you rely on your car for company you have serious problems.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Slargos on May 09, 2009, 04:07:47 AM
However, this time we're doing van with integrated demo kitchen

What I want to know is, how is it that you can wake up in the morning and not want to kill yourself?  What's your secret?

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza2 on May 09, 2009, 08:12:54 AM
What about a BMW 1 series? It's a sporty hatchback and doesn't look stupid (IMHO).

Yikes! It is an incredibly ugly car. If I were to disregard common sense and blow away too much money on a German compact, a DSG equipped A3 would be my choice.

Anyway, a Civic would be my choice in that segment if I were to buy a car now.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Iormlund on May 09, 2009, 09:51:57 AM
Yikes! It is an incredibly ugly car.

Heh.  I take it you're not a fan of the Chris Bangle BMWs?  Love/hate exterior design aside, from what I've heard, the little bastards are really fun to drive.

Edit:  Topic:  Get an A4 with quattro.   Drive at excessive rates of speed around the curviest roads you can find, hit Smart cars with 3500+lbs of German engineering, and enjoy your real trunk and back seat.  :P

Iormlund

I like some of them. The Z4 (roadster) looks great, for example. It is just the Series 1 (and the Xs) that I find butt ugly. I'm generally a fan of unconventional designs. You may like it or not, but at least they aren't boring.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Iormlund on May 09, 2009, 10:52:23 AM
I like some of them. The Z4 (roadster) looks great, for example. It is just the Series 1 (and the Xs) that I find butt ugly. I'm generally a fan of unconventional designs. You may like it or not, but at least they aren't boring.

Oh ugh...I forgot about the Xs.  :bleeding:  I've been seeing more of those X6's waddling around here lately.  They look....awkward IMO. 

Grey Fox

It's a chick car, are you a chick?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.