News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New company car

Started by Slargos, May 09, 2009, 04:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Slargos on May 10, 2009, 10:00:06 AM
Besides, I later learned that the Lancer does 0-100km/h (0-60, you fucking imperial illiterates) in a magical and wonderful 10.5 seconds, to which the car "salesman" helpfully added, "but the speed limit is 80" connected to a very sour face when I suggested that it might be a tad fucking slow for something labeled a "sports car"

Congratulations. That's only 1.5 seconds faster than a freaking Hummer H2.

Sports car status would be 5 seconds or less; the V12 Dodge Viper did it in 4.2 seconds (I think somebody clocked 3.6 seconds at one point), and the new Camaro clocks 4.5 seconds.
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Slargos on May 10, 2009, 10:29:34 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 10, 2009, 10:22:06 AM
You need a mustang. Even though it is a chick car here now mostly.

And at $150 000 it is certainly a steal. :bleeding:

:blink: What Mustang are you looking at? A 2009 Mustang GT premium's base price is $31 845.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 10, 2009, 10:53:56 AM

:blink: What Mustang are you looking at? A 2009 Mustang GT premium's base price is $31 845.

Europeans get punished for even looking at an American-made vehicle;  between the higher emissions standards and the mileage, they make it prohibitive to even want to think about one.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 10, 2009, 10:56:33 AM
Europeans get punished for even looking at an American-made vehicle;  between the higher emissions standards and the mileage, they make it prohibitive to even want to think about one.

He mentioned Shelby. Methinks he was also looking at the top-model price.

And I'm more than happy if they try to keep the markets segregated. Fucking Ford dealership around the corner from me started pushing Smart cars; next thing you know, somebody'll try to push a Renault Clio.
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: Slargos on May 10, 2009, 10:00:06 AM
Besides, I later learned that the Lancer does 0-100km/h (0-60, you fucking imperial illiterates) in a magical and wonderful 10.5 seconds, to which the car "salesman" helpfully added, "but the speed limit is 80" connected to a very sour face when I suggested that it might be a tad fucking slow for something labeled a "sports car"
Wow, 10.5 seconds?  Can the e-brake be disengaged on that car?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 10, 2009, 10:57:48 AM

He mentioned Shelby. Methinks he was also looking at the top-model price.

Even if it was previously owned by John Voight, that's still pretty fucking expensive.

DGuller

I'm sure Shelby has loads of gas guzzling taxes heaped on it.  You rev it up once and you empty half a tank.

Viking

Admittedly your old SUV looks better than a Transit Van with a diorama in the back... but then again, neither is a chick magnet. It's not like you are willing to fork out for a real chick magnet, so I suggest you don't bother.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 10, 2009, 10:53:56 AM

:yes:

Something like 70-80% are various forms of taxes.

Basic luxury (cars are luxuries) tax gets friendly with its cousins emissions tax, engine size tax, import tax etc etc turning a $30 000 car into a $150 000 car.

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on May 10, 2009, 12:03:41 PM
Admittedly your old SUV looks better than a Transit Van with a diorama in the back... but then again, neither is a chick magnet. It's not like you are willing to fork out for a real chick magnet, so I suggest you don't bother.

With the increased work efficiency of the VW Transporter I may very well get the moolah to justify a less efficiency and more toy second car.  :P