A big plastic bottle
2 (6.5%)
My body is a temple. None of that filth passes my lips
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 31

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 05, 2012, 01:36:40 AM
I prefer it on draught.   :bowler:

Yes I was going to say fountain - though I see you posted a pepsi one that yet has coke.

Also, does Ed want that soda/pop map posted again?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valdemar

Quote from: garbon on July 05, 2012, 07:40:52 AM
Also, does Ed want that soda/pop map posted again?

:lmfao: yes, yes he does :)

V

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Fountain Coke is inferior to Canned Coke. Fountain Dew is an abomination.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 05, 2012, 11:42:15 AM

Depends on the fountain / recency with which syrup was changed as I've had some vary delicious fountain cokes but also some very disgusting.  So more variability with fountain.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Quote from: Tyr on July 04, 2012, 03:50:48 AM
I'm increasingly certain that anything tastes better drunk from a glass bottle....

I agree on drinks tasting better in glass bottles. But I rarely drink too much of soda/pop anymore. It either has too much sugar, or uses nasty artificial sweeteners. The most I drink of soda is ginger ale, and occasinally a coke or pepsi. Even juice I'm very picky about. Nothing with high fructose corny syrup, or additives.    :)

dps

Quote from: garbon on July 05, 2012, 12:02:28 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 05, 2012, 11:42:15 AM

Depends on the fountain / recency with which syrup was changed as I've had some vary delicious fountain cokes but also some very disgusting.  So more variability with fountain.

Yep, you never know if you're going to get the right mix of carbonization and syrup or not.  And if it's not, the drink will be anywhere from just not quite right to downright nasty and undrinkable.

garbon

And I meant very not vary. :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on July 05, 2012, 01:33:25 PM
Yep, you never know if you're going to get the right mix of carbonization and syrup or not.  And if it's not, the drink will be anywhere from just not quite right to downright nasty and undrinkable.

Yup.  Or there's too much water in the line.  That totally ruins it for me. Flat and watery.  :yucky:

Admiral Yi

I haven't seen a glass bottle since I was growing up in the third world.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 05, 2012, 02:19:41 PM

A lot of places I've been to now import the Mexican coke that is made with cane sugar. Those are all in glass bottles.

dps

Up until about 20 years ago, the most common case container for soft drinks was the 8 pack of 16 oz. returnable glass bottes.  I haven't seen those in a long time, but a lot of places you'll still see the 6 pack carton of 10 oz. glass bottles.  Why they have them, I don't know, because they charge as much for those (or more) as they do for the 8 pack of 24 oz. plastic bottles. 

You'll also still occasionally find a vending machine that dispenses glass bottles.

MadImmortalMan

Jarritos are everywhere.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 05, 2012, 03:09:00 PM
Jarritos are everywhere.

Well that's true but I thought were were talking about conventional (traditional?) sodas. There are certainly tons of other brands that still use glass bottles - IBC being one.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on July 05, 2012, 02:30:10 PM

A lot of places I've been to now import the Mexican coke that is made with cane sugar. Those are all in glass bottles.

Big Lots have had them recently in their International section.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive