Star Trek (for actual talk about the star trek movie)

Started by Korea, May 08, 2009, 02:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I clapped at the end of Wolverine as it was such a crowning triumph of ridiculousness.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: vinraith on May 09, 2009, 05:08:54 PM
I couldn't care less about spoilers since I've pretty much decided this movie's a write off. I'm curious, though: did they actually give Spock a love interest?

I mean, seriously?
Yes, I thought it worked well.

Nice to see you be true to form in rejecting what is likely to be the highest rated non-animated movie of the year. (assuming that Pixar will once again win that honor)
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

vinraith

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2009, 06:19:24 PM
I couldn't care less about spoilers since I've pretty much decided this movie's a write off. I'm curious, though: did they actually give Spock a love interest?

I mean, seriously?

Is there anything in the history of cinema you don't think works well?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: vinraith on May 09, 2009, 06:23:58 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2009, 06:19:24 PM

I mean, seriously?

Is there anything in the history of cinema you don't think works well?
There are plenty of movies that I haven't liked, I've even walked out of a theater just 30 minutes into a movie.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

vinraith

Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2009, 07:06:46 PM
Oh negative Vinnie, I've missed you. :hug:

The summer movie season, especially this decade, brings it out in me. Comic books and remakes, that's all we seem to get anymore. A few of them are good despite that, but so many of the ones that aren't make several hundred million dollars and result in five sequels. :bleeding:

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2009, 07:12:07 PM
There are plenty of movies that I haven't liked, I've even walked out of a theater just 30 minutes into a movie.

Did you ask for your money back?

vinraith

Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2009, 07:16:21 PM

I've never walked out of a movie (though I gave it serious thought when I went to see The Thin Red Line) but does that ever actually work?

jimmy olsen

No, why waste my time? They're not gonna give money back just because the movie was awful.

1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: vinraith on May 09, 2009, 07:17:18 PM

I've never walked out of a movie (though I gave it serious thought when I went to see The Thin Red Line) but does that ever actually work?
if you do it early enough. i haven't ever done it cause i disliked a movie. once becasue we came late and the seats sucked (a group of friends) and once because of little whiny kids
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

vinraith

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2009, 07:21:09 PM

No, why waste my time? They're not gonna give money back just because the movie was awful.

Alright, I'll ask, what was it you walked out of?

garbon

Quote from: vinraith on May 09, 2009, 07:17:18 PM

It does if you have enough attitude. After all, what manager is going to want to piss off a customer over something like that?

Besides, it seems foolish to me to pay to see a movie and then just walk out.  You've essentially just forked over money for free.

HVC

Quote from: vinraith on May 09, 2009, 07:22:14 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 09, 2009, 07:21:09 PM

Alright, I'll ask, what was it you walked out of?
King Kong. it's why we never got our summary :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: HVC on May 09, 2009, 07:21:48 PM
if you do it early enough.

yeah that too. obviously you can't watch most of the movie and then ask for a refund. :D

garbon

Quote from: HVC on May 09, 2009, 07:23:05 PM
King Kong. it's why we never got our summary :D

If so, that's only because he was afraid of jizzing in public.