Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on January 11, 2016, 04:54:14 PM
A game for Valmy AND Barrister? :o

1848? Paris?

Ok I am getting this game.

AAR coming in...um...some point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Puzzle game The Witness is out. RPS has announced it with a headline that's one of my favorites now: "Get Up, Come On, Get Down With The Witness"

In case you miss the reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw :punk:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on January 27, 2016, 02:00:05 PM
Puzzle game The Witness is out. RPS has announced it with a headline that's one of my favorites now: "Get Up, Come On, Get Down With The Witness"

In case you miss the reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09LTT0xwdfw :punk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at02Fvdhk2I
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

I've just realised that I still never finished oblivion or started skyrim.  Always get sidetracked....
██████
██████
██████

viper37

I played Sniper Elite v2 since last week.  It was free on Steam when I got it, so that was the best investment in a game yet :P
It's a nice shooter.  A little repetitive, I fear, but for free, I ain't complaining.  But there are real guns and real city settings and since it's called "Sniper", well, the emphasis is on positionning yourself for the best possible sniper shots, not running around guns blazing.  So that's a change from Wolfenstein :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

The reviews for Sniper Elite 3 were very good, too. Basically, it seems to be a proper stealth game with large levels where you are (relatively) free on how to reach your objectives. TB's take on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzy0gNMGkgU (Game play footage starts 10 minutes in if you don't care about gfx options, loadout stuff etc.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Rather sweet/nostalgic review of American Truck Simulator: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/02/04/american-truck-simulator-review/

I picked it up despite it's smaller map compared to original ETS 2, but hard to argue with a €20 price tag.

I haven't played it yet, but reading the review I wonder how experiences of American and European audiences differ. ETS2 was not so much aimed at creating an accurate representation of the European long distance road network, but giving you an idealized feeling of being on the road and just chill.

From what I see ATS does the same, but this time trying to scratch the itch of a longing for the freedom the American West promises in book, song, and film, and which is probably much more romanticized over here than in the US.

I hope the game gets many happy expansions so that you'll be able to re-enact Smokey and the Bandit at some point. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

I think I'll write a "To end all wars" AAR.  I found out that I can bring pretty much every country into the War at the very beginning.  So I have Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Italy all invading France.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on February 05, 2016, 10:42:29 PM
I think I'll write a "To end all wars" AAR.  I found out that I can bring pretty much every country into the War at the very beginning.  So I have Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Italy all invading France.

Huh? How?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Well, first I take a bunch of screen shots, then I post them here write some innane bullshit.  It's really pretty easy.

Italy just took Nice. :(  I was sort of hoping that series of forts would hold them back.  If France collapses before the end of the year I don't think I'll make the AAR.  Right now my strategy is putting putting as many Frenchmen in uniform as possible trying to hold back the enemy hordes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Koei Tecmo is pulling a Matrixgames. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII is out on Steam (Japanese/Chinese only so far), and the price is ... €82.99  :lol: :lol: :lol:

(And the Steam user reviews aren't very positive about the gameplay, either.)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Arvoreen