News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

So.... elite dangerous is on sale.
Is there any smidgen of frontier hidden in there?  Anything at all worthwhile?  Or just amother mmorpg?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on December 30, 2015, 08:04:43 AM
So.... elite dangerous is on sale.
Is there any smidgen of frontier hidden in there?  Anything at all worthwhile?  Or just amother mmorpg?

I would wait and see if Horizons is any good. Still in Early Access.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

I have tried Early Access games quite a lot. Some are decent, like Savage Lands and Dead State (which is now released). Some are just tear-wrenchingly "early". And some stay in Early Access. FOREVER.

Syt

I generally stay away from Early Access unless the game is largely feature complete, or the developers show commitment to delivering a finished product, or the game is HEAVILY discounted.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

I have a simple rule: I don't buy Early Access games any more.  When the developers feel like the game is finished, I'll buy, and at probably a significant discount.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Norgy

Josquius

I bought Mount and Blade and Minecraft early access and loved them.
Project Zomboid...less so.
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

Quote from: Tyr on December 31, 2015, 06:03:02 AM

Project Zomboid...less so.

It has an interesting premise, but man, those graphics are poor. It's like your graphics card just barfed.

Josquius

The graphics don't bother me at all. The clunky control system is what stops me playing.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on December 30, 2015, 06:07:36 AM
Why is there no end to open world sandbox survival games on Steam Early Access? Is any of those games *ever* going to be out of Early Access before its player base disappears?

And of those open world survival games, 90% are zombie-themed. Sick of it already.

Razgovory

Bought a few games early access.  That Gettysburg game which I showed off here with an AAR (and the save file corrupted so couldn't show the end).  Still it was was worth it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I'm playing the south park rpg.
It's a fun little game.  Quite funny. Though flawed.  Feels too small for a full game, and very simple.  Also commits a carnal sin of game design  and has missable items <_<
██████
██████
██████

Syt

A game for Valmy AND Barrister? :o

http://store.steampowered.com/app/384630/

233 positive vs 27 negative reviews.

QuoteAviary Attorney

The year is 1848. Paris is on the brink of yet another revolution, and the prisons are overflowing with guilty and innocent alike.

One man stands for justice amid society's chaos. No. One bird...

Play the role of Monsieur Jayjay Falcon, a bird of prey with a good heart and questionable lawyering expertise. Join him and his witty apprentice, Sparrowson, as the two take on clients, interview witnesses, collect evidence, and deliver justice to the guilty.

With art by 19th century caricaturist J. J. Grandville, and music by legendary romantic-era composer Camille Saint-Saëns, this game promises to be a ~swanderful~ experience.
Features:
Four chapters of talon-biting intrigue and suspense.
Dozens of colorful characters to meet, interview, and bribe.
Did I say bribe? I meant persuade.
Real-life landmarks. Knock on the doors of Notre-Dame! Loot the Louvre!
Three fully fleshed-out endings. Decisions have consequences!
More bird puns than you can shake a feather at.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

American Truck Simulator will come with California and free launch day DLC Nevada:

Only 30 cities. ETS2 had 60 at launch, IIRC. Arizona will be added later as free DLC. Later DLCs will cost, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point