News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: PDH on February 21, 2015, 11:31:07 AM
I have been playing Civil War 2 for the past week or so.  Seems ok, and it models the strengths of the North fairly well.  Tamas will be happy to know the US can still build huge 30k man corps by summer of 1862.

I know  :mad:

Tamas

I have been playing Total War Attila BTW. If you like the Total War games you should get it.

The Brain

I want little pictures of buildings and soldiers in the UI, not the Rome 2 symbols. What does Attila have?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on February 25, 2015, 11:11:50 AM
I want little pictures of buildings and soldiers in the UI, not the Rome 2 symbols. What does Attila have?

little pictures IIRC, Mr. Man-Child.

The Brain

Tamas

I must break my self-imposed censorship on talking about our own games (being not impartial to them), because I think this trailer  of Vietnam '65 nicely conveys the feeling of playing the game, which, BTW, I have been very happy to work on, as it manages to be very authentic on the situation and challenges it portraits, while completely avoiding of being an excel sheet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sft4XvTt9Oc&feature=player_detailpage

Valmy

I am still holding out for Indochine '54.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2015, 12:20:28 PM
I must break my self-imposed censorship on talking about our own games (being not impartial to them), because I think this trailer  of Vietnam '65 nicely conveys the feeling of playing the game, which, BTW, I have been very happy to work on, as it manages to be very authentic on the situation and challenges it portraits, while completely avoiding of being an excel sheet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sft4XvTt9Oc&feature=player_detailpage

I don't think you need to not talk about your company's games. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I also do not not think you shouldn't not talk about your company's games.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Polishing the turd time from Tamas.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 25, 2015, 03:37:32 PM

You, sir, are ignorant of the finer matters of the world.

Razgovory

Hey, Tamas.  I was recently told that the PC game business is like rocket science, is that correct?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2015, 05:07:18 PM

You, sir, are ignorant of the finer matters of the world.

Yes sir, lord Beet.

*bows*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

I've read the previous on the game, and it looks like it's maybe the first Vietnam game to try and properly simulate the conflict, i.e. the uncertainty of where the enemy is, trying to locate the (randomized) Ho Chi Minh trail, and the difficulty of using conventional forces to counter this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.