News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

I believe I'm about 85% through Fallout 3 AQFH Part 3. Fucking master piece. A few non game stopping glitches. It outshines any of the stock game quests and DLC's. Even any of the FONV quests.

For lack of better words, IMO, put a new face on Fallout 3. It just reshaped the whole game environment. It is like I'm playing a different game, a different nuance and feel I guess.

Started at 8th level in part 1 and currently near 18th, with a modest mod list. I would agree that this mod is very difficult with FWE. This mod at times will frustrate the living shit outta ya, but the pieces are there just easily overlooked. 

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

I'm surprised that they have the gall to try and get people to pay for Fable again at a full game price!

http://www.lionhead.com/games/fable-anniversary/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Yeah, saw the price and thought WTF??

I couldn't get into the games, anyways.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

I though they were okay (though I think I only ever finished the first 1) but like all Peter Molyneux titles, shells of what they could have been (were stated to be).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I thought the goofy humor clashed too much with trying to present a somewhat serious story. YMMV, of course.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Agreed that Fable was nowhere near what it promised. It was still alright though. I liked its Britishness too. Always a rarity.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

I enjoyed the humor quite a bit myself, gave it personality.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on July 26, 2014, 07:24:51 AM
Commander: The Great war is now on Steam. I thought I had it, but it appears I was mistaken. I did notice that I have a copy of American Civil War II that I never installed, though. :unsure:

but is it good?

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on August 16, 2014, 09:32:06 AM
I though they were okay (though I think I only ever finished the first 1) but like all Peter Molyneux titles, shells of what they could have been (were stated to be).

I engjoyed Fable, but couldn't get into Fable 3.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Bought the second Civ 5 expansion on steam.
While I was there I bought an old game called Ghost Master for 30p. It is meh. One interesting point is that it didn't work at first...I had to apply a no cd crack to get it to work :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

Warspite

On the Steam sale, I just bought all the Bioshock games for £7, having never dipped into the series before. Bioshock 1 seems fun, if a little light.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

celedhring

I got them through the bundle a few weeks before. I'm liking them a lot, probably not "pro" shooters but the setting and story are great.

Grallon

I bought 'Divinity - Original Sin' on a spur of the moment moment...  Has anyone tried it?  It's a single player RPG.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Solmyr

Quote from: Grallon on August 22, 2014, 09:06:16 AM
I bought 'Divinity - Original Sin' on a spur of the moment moment...  Has anyone tried it?  It's a single player RPG.

It's quite fun. It can also be played coop.

Syt

I haven't played as much of it as I would have liked so far, but it is good. Also, it was released on June 30th and has been almost consistently on the Steam Sales Top 10 (though they've dropped to ranks 11-20 this week).
—Stephen Jay Gould