News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

So, in a fit of impulse buying to offset my homicidal/suicidal birthday ideations, went out and bought a custom rig.  i7 quad core, dual GEForce cards, more horsepower than I will need for at least 4 years.

I'm seng colora and textures I've never seen before. :cry:

Norgy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2014, 09:30:52 AM
dual GEForce cards, more horsepower than I will need for at least 4 years.

Hopefully from the latest generation. And do download MSI's rather great little program Afterburner for fan control and such.

http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/overview.htm

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 22, 2014, 09:30:52 AM
I'm seng colora and textures I've never seen before. :cry:
Cholera (aka "seng colora") is serious.  See your doctor.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Turn on the biggest textures and 1080p resolution on the doctor when you see him.

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on July 21, 2014, 10:02:25 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on July 20, 2014, 05:37:28 PM
Working through "A Quest for Heaven esp1" in FO3. Excellent so far. [spoiler]Just started SA-23 currently. So far Nexus 5 had me on edge most.  :lol: Got to love a well made game environment that can do that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Because I was Lvl 8, I had to infiltrate past the Super Mutant area to get to tracking command. I wouldnt survive in a stand-up fight against them. It took little over an hour actual time with Recon Armor/ Fire Ant Necture / Terrian while doing it at night. Sometimes just inching forward. It was fucking awesome. My daughter was looking on saying, "Are you going to do anything"  :lol: "Your barely moving"[/spoiler]

Glad you enjoying it.  There is a spot or two in each episode where the combat gets kinda ridiculous, but the story is always gripping.

Ep 1 is the most puzzle-heavy, in terms of figuring out which switch does what.  I am not sure whether the gradual move to more "figure out the story" rather than "find the switch" came about because of the unfortunate demise of the woman who started the series, or whether that was planned, but you will enjoy the change. Keep us posted.

IMO this mod outshines any of the games or DLC quests, with the exception of The Pitt. They should hire this individual for quest work on the next one.

[spoiler]I currently just started in the vault with the big airlock door. Very creepy place along with the survivors. I dont get creeped easily but this place is doing it. [/spoiler]
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

celedhring

I'm absolutely in love with AC2. I just spent one hour just travelling around Venice, I didn't think one could catch Stendhal's syndrome by playing a videogame.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Been bored lately.  Thinking of getting Vicky II.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

If you do - pretty key to have the expansions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Trailer for Firefly Online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y98otfH9X8

It looks very retro (and with iOS and Android listed as release platforms it's no surprise), but looking at this makes me a lot giddier than I'm supposed to be about it. :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Commander: The Great war is now on Steam. I thought I had it, but it appears I was mistaken. I did notice that I have a copy of American Civil War II that I never installed, though. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I discovered the Internet in Civ IV (no scribes allowed) and the icon is a picture of Al Gore.  :lol:

Caliga

The Last Of Us (Remastered) drops tomorrow for PS4.  Should I: get it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

If you didn't play it already on the PS3, definitely.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points