The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on July 12, 2014, 02:19:19 PM
Quote from: grumbler on July 11, 2014, 09:19:55 PM
Quote from: Norgy on July 11, 2014, 10:50:50 AM
TES: Let's kill High Elves, I hope.
I think we are due a Fallout game first.

Yip

We are due for it, but we won't get it for a while.  Bethsoft put their eggs in the MMO basket instead. :mad:  I just want to play a game where I can explore to my hearts content, kill monsters and get treasure.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Technically ESO was not developed by Bethesda, it was developed by Zenimax Online, a completely separate company under the Zenimax umbrella.

I have a had time believing that there was no Beth involvement in ESO, but that is the Zenimax company line.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on July 13, 2014, 12:21:05 AM
Technically ESO was not developed by Bethesda, it was developed by Zenimax Online, a completely separate company under the Zenimax umbrella.

I have a had time believing that there was no Beth involvement in ESO, but that is the Zenimax company line.
Well, that is correct as far as the development team personnel at Bethesda Game Studios are concerned, but I'm not sure that management time and development money didn't get sucked out of Bethesda to pay for ESO.

We are due for a BGS game in the next year, though, and I don't doubt that we will get one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

I love these guys;  now on a weekly basis, their pace is getting better, their Eengrish is not.

QuoteDear customer,

Because you are involved in the trading of gold and equipment.
legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client.
Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on.
We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks, cheats, bots, or exploits.

Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* Account name
* Account password
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Blizzard Entertainment SAS
TSA 60 001
Service Administration des Comptes
78143 Velizy Villacoublay Cedex

Account Administration Team
Diablo III World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2014

garbon

Odd, Plague Inc appears to have teamed up with Fox to add a bit as a promo for Planet of the Apes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

That explains why I got an email for a new LotRO expansion. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on July 17, 2014, 07:44:38 PM
Odd, Plague Inc appears to have teamed up with Fox to add a bit as a promo for Planet of the Apes.

Makes sense. The end credit sequence of the first movie reminded me of the original flash game, with the disease spreading.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on July 18, 2014, 11:23:35 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 17, 2014, 07:44:38 PM

Makes sense. The end credit sequence of the first movie reminded me of the original flash game, with the disease spreading.

Hah! I had the exact same thought when watching the film. Guess a lot of people that played that made the connection.

11B4V

Working through "A Quest for Heaven esp1" in FO3. Excellent so far. [spoiler]Just started SA-23 currently. So far Nexus 5 had me on edge most.  :lol: Got to love a well made game environment that can do that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Because I was Lvl 8, I had to infiltrate past the Super Mutant area to get to tracking command. I wouldnt survive in a stand-up fight against them. It took little over an hour actual time with Recon Armor/ Fire Ant Necture / Terrian while doing it at night. Sometimes just inching forward. It was fucking awesome. My daughter was looking on saying, "Are you going to do anything"  :lol: "Your barely moving"[/spoiler]
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on July 20, 2014, 05:37:28 PM
Working through "A Quest for Heaven esp1" in FO3. Excellent so far.

...... My daughter was looking on saying, "Are you going to do anything"

:D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I beat Sniper elite 2.  It was fairly mediocre but it was free.  I always have a hard time getting my bearings in third person games.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2014, 01:13:04 AM
I beat Sniper elite 2.  It was fairly mediocre but it was free.  I always have a hard time getting my bearings in third person games.

I got the final guy with my first shot. On Hard.

celedhring

Got OOTP from the bundle, and started a game despite knowing fuck all about baseball. Took over the Orioles (spent some time in Baltimore back in the day) and lost my first game against Tampa with a  4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 card.  :glare:

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on July 20, 2014, 05:37:28 PM
Working through "A Quest for Heaven esp1" in FO3. Excellent so far. [spoiler]Just started SA-23 currently. So far Nexus 5 had me on edge most.  :lol: Got to love a well made game environment that can do that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Because I was Lvl 8, I had to infiltrate past the Super Mutant area to get to tracking command. I wouldnt survive in a stand-up fight against them. It took little over an hour actual time with Recon Armor/ Fire Ant Necture / Terrian while doing it at night. Sometimes just inching forward. It was fucking awesome. My daughter was looking on saying, "Are you going to do anything"  :lol: "Your barely moving"[/spoiler]

Glad you enjoying it.  There is a spot or two in each episode where the combat gets kinda ridiculous, but the story is always gripping.

Ep 1 is the most puzzle-heavy, in terms of figuring out which switch does what.  I am not sure whether the gradual move to more "figure out the story" rather than "find the switch" came about because of the unfortunate demise of the woman who started the series, or whether that was planned, but you will enjoy the change. Keep us posted.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Anyone tried "The Forest"?
It's one of those survival games, and really just in alpha. I quite enjoyed the first try.