News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Scipio on July 10, 2014, 02:41:58 PM
The Wolf Among Us took a serious turn down Bleaker Street (pun intended). Holy shit, what a downer; even when you win, everyone thinks they've lost.

I think I've only completed the first two Eps so far.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I have a desire to play something like Skyrim or the new Fallouts  Sadly Bethesda decided to go MMO. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

Quote from: Razgovory on July 10, 2014, 08:59:58 PM
I have a desire to play something like Skyrim or the new Fallouts  Sadly Bethesda decided to go MMO. :(

You can pick up Morrowind on the cheap and try either this http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-overhaul-sounds-graphics or http://kotaku.com/5947989/morrowind-just-got-even-prettier-with-this-new-graphical-overhaul

I have tried both, and tend to stick to the latter, despite the fairly clunky original gameplay.

There'll be another TES game, I am sure, but they space them out with 3-5 years between them, the bastards.  :mad:

Valmy

Well Skyrim came out in 2011 so we are due  :cool:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

TES: Let's kill High Elves, I hope.

celedhring

Having a blast with Assassin's Creed 2. Renaissance Italy is such a great setting for this kind of conspiracy-driven, assassination-rich plot.

Plus, I usually don't care about jumping puzzles, but when said jumping puzzle involves ascending to the top of the dome of Santa Maria del Fiore... then yeah, I'll do it.

garbon

Yes 2 and Brotherhood are nice because of that setting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

AC2 and Brotherhood were the pinnacle of the series. Downhill since, unfortunately.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

American one was alright though yeah not particularly great. Pirate one was fun in a manner of speaking but not really as an AC game.

Worst was probably the Turkish one. No I do not want to play amateur bomb maker. :D

Josquius

AC1 was rather meh and I struggled through it.  2 was awesome though.
I'm looking forward to 4, but I've only just finished brotherhood. I've got revelations (the one I didn't realize existed) and 3 (seems a lot less exciting a setting) to get through first.

I'm just hoping they fulfill my desires for a Victorian London game down the line.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Well next up is apparently the French Revolution.

grumbler

Quote from: Norgy on July 11, 2014, 10:50:50 AM
TES: Let's kill High Elves, I hope.
I think we are due a Fallout game first.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on July 11, 2014, 07:36:05 PM
Well next up is apparently the French Revolution.
Seems a bit derivative after just doing the American revolution.
But a Scarlet Pimpernel game! :w00t:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

The ones set in America don't look that appealing to me... I have not played them, but running around wilderness and colonial towns doesn't look as nearly as cool as Rome, Florence or Constantinople in the XVth century.  They have pirates, though, I'll give them that.

Revolutionary France has lots of potential though.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".