And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Legbiter on July 03, 2014, 05:14:10 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 02, 2014, 11:22:22 AM
You guys should really check out Divinity Original Sin. It seems to really be in the Languish alley of RPGs, especially CRPGs.

I noticed your post, checked it out and folded like a cheap lawn chair and got it. Digging it so far.

How's the combat?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

I found a guy who knew a guy who had a spare GOG key so now I have the game.  The character creation screen looked promising but after all my networking it was after midnight  :P

I will try to fire it up in earnest tonight.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Legbiter

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 03, 2014, 06:16:15 AMHow's the combat?

Pretty neat. Fighters are more gear-dependent than mages, also seem to be late bloomers. Combat is fun and varied so long as you take the enemy mages out ASAP. Enemies 2 levels above you will demolish you unless you're very lucky so watch your surroundings.

I like how the game's an old school g with no questmarkers to hold your hand. You just have to sack up and recall the quest dialogue like God intended.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Grey Fox

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 03, 2014, 08:45:43 AM
Double dip kickstarter backers?!

I think so.  A decent number of them were being passed out this week.  Not sure how that happened but I was glad to be the beneficiary.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 02, 2014, 11:27:24 AM
That's my problem too. Really, really hard to justify a price point of over 10$.

And I just bought Titanfall.

That was a mistake.

My problem is that there's a load of great games from the past 4-5 years that I can get sub €10 or even sub €5 before having to get to recent great games that cost me €40.

Pedrito

Quote from: celedhring on July 02, 2014, 11:24:17 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on July 02, 2014, 11:22:22 AM
You guys should really check out Divinity Original Sin. It seems to really be in the Languish alley of RPGs, especially CRPGs.

I'm hearing great things of it. It's already in my wish list.

Sadly, Steam sales and Humblebunde have conditioned me into not paying double digits for games anymore, so it may take a while for me to get it.  :lol:
Exactly the same  :lol:  It's very very rare that I buy a game at full price nowadays, I have already an enormous collection of older titles that will keep me busy for months between a GOG/Steam sale and the other. Right now, for example, I'm having a blast playing Anno 2070, a game I did not touch for almost one year.
An exception are Kickstarter games I backed, but usually the devlopment process is so long that, when the game's out, it comes as a free gift because I already forgot the money I gave them two years before  :blush:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Iormlund

It's also because as a working adult you get so little spare time you need time to get through the games you already have. By the time you've done so, that shiny "new" game will be on sale.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

I'm finally getting into one of the games I pre-ordered at full price years ago: The Witcher 2.

And I'm replaying Dragon Age 2, with an eye to completism. Gonna continue on to DA 3, which drops on my birthday (38 gonna rock SO HARD).
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

Quote from: Iormlund on July 06, 2014, 03:57:58 AM
It's also because as a working adult you get so little spare time you need time to get through the games you already have. By the time you've done so, that shiny "new" game will be on sale.

Yeah I'm working 6 days a week, so no time to play any games atm.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on July 02, 2014, 07:57:06 PM
Hey Grumbler, the Alton mod is not too bad. Pretty well done so far.

FWE leveling is slowwwwww. Fuck.
I really need to replay Alton.  It was so buggy in the version available when I was playing FO again that I never finished it.

Agree with your earlier comment that FWE has a better hardcore mode than FONV.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

celedhring

Quote from: Iormlund on July 06, 2014, 03:57:58 AM

I play a couple hours at nights (not every night, sometimes I watch movies) - it helps me unwind from work, really, particularly if the game is violent enough  :lol:

Scipio

The Wolf Among Us took a serious turn down Bleaker Street (pun intended). Holy shit, what a downer; even when you win, everyone thinks they've lost.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt