The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 29, 2014, 01:56:24 PM
What era is the game take in?

When Nero is Emperor :lol:

I guess Boudicca won?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Scipio

Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2014, 02:20:31 PM
You can read the plot here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryse:_Son_of_Rome
That is hands down the stupidest thing based on Rome I've ever read.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Well, it's basically CoD set in ancient times. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Scipio on June 30, 2014, 11:31:21 AM
Quote from: Syt on June 29, 2014, 02:20:31 PM
You can read the plot here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryse:_Son_of_Rome
That is hands down the stupidest thing based on Rome I've ever read.

I'm inclined to agree.  You can play with history if you like.  You can even throw in absurd things to make it secret history like Indian Jones.  But when you go this far off the reservation you might as well make up a fantasy world.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

I'm really liking the FWE hardcore mode opposed to New Vegas'.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Grey Fox

You guys should really check out Divinity Original Sin. It seems to really be in the Languish alley of RPGs, especially CRPGs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 02, 2014, 11:22:22 AM
You guys should really check out Divinity Original Sin. It seems to really be in the Languish alley of RPGs, especially CRPGs.

I'm hearing great things of it. It's already in my wish list.

Sadly, Steam sales and Humblebunde have conditioned me into not paying double digits for games anymore, so it may take a while for me to get it.  :lol:

Grey Fox

That's my problem too. Really, really hard to justify a price point of over 10$.

And I just bought Titanfall.

That was a mistake.

Valmy

I am thinking about it.  Has anybody here played it yet?  I would at least like one review from somebody I can trust first.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Scipio

I kickstarted Divinity:OS, and I've played it a little. It's really focused on turn-based action. It maintains the sly wit of the other Divinity games. I'm less keen about the systems, but it's a pretty, entertaining turn-based CRPG.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Valmy

Quote from: Scipio on July 02, 2014, 11:59:33 AM
I kickstarted Divinity:OS, and I've played it a little. It's really focused on turn-based action. It maintains the sly wit of the other Divinity games. I'm less keen about the systems, but it's a pretty, entertaining turn-based CRPG.

Turn based....action?  Aren't those antonyms?

Is there a good amount of interaction and decision making or is it rather exploration and combat based?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2014, 12:02:31 PM

Is there a good amount of interaction and decision making or is it rather exploration and combat based?

Watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDaYWfqJD3g

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 02, 2014, 12:07:25 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 02, 2014, 12:02:31 PM

Watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDaYWfqJD3g

Ugh lengthy video reviews.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Hey Grumbler, the Alton mod is not too bad. Pretty well done so far.

FWE leveling is slowwwwww. Fuck.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Legbiter

I noticed your post, checked it out and folded like a cheap lawn chair and got it. Digging it so far.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.