News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: 11B4V on June 22, 2014, 05:31:49 PM
Broke down and picked up the PC versions of Fallout 3 and NV. Enough time has passed since I played them on Xbox to start anew.
Get the three "Quest for Heaven" mods for FO3 from the Nexus.  Absolutely amazing.  Far better than any of the DLC.  And far better than the main quest.  If you have the Zeta DLC, get Starship Zeta Crew for a follow-on (and a better, shorter DLC quest).   It is quite good, and quite epic, as well.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Scipio

Really enjoying The Witcher, at long last. Boring first act resolving nicely into the second Act (Chapter 3) with plenty to do, and plenty of intrigue. Lots of cringeworthy stuff, but I still enjoy the combat, the voice work, and the music.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

sbr

I couldn't stand The Witcher.  I forced myself into at least the Third Act but realized there was little point in playing a game that I didn't enjoy.

Glad you like it though.

EDIT:  Looks like I made it a good way through Chapter IV before I gave up.

grumbler

Quote from: Scipio on June 22, 2014, 08:10:00 PM
Really enjoying The Witcher, at long last. Boring first act resolving nicely into the second Act (Chapter 3) with plenty to do, and plenty of intrigue. Lots of cringeworthy stuff, but I still enjoy the combat, the voice work, and the music.
I liked The Witcher.  The second game I couldn't play past about the third QTE (the boxing twitchfest).  It was way too much work and too little game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on June 22, 2014, 08:02:26 PM
Broke down and picked up the PC versions of Fallout 3 and NV. Enough time has passed since I played them on Xbox to start anew.
Get the three "Quest for Heaven" mods for FO3 from the Nexus.  Absolutely amazing.  Far better than any of the DLC.  And far better than the main quest.  If you have the Zeta DLC, get Starship Zeta Crew for a follow-on (and a better, shorter DLC quest).   It is quite good, and quite epic, as well.

I will thanks.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Alcibiades

Anyone try out Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?  Saw it on the steam sale, got decent reviews but you never know any more.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Syt

Quote from: Alcibiades on June 23, 2014, 02:08:08 AM
Anyone try out Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?  Saw it on the steam sale, got decent reviews but you never know any more.

I've sunk 8 hours into it (though full playthrough with sidequests supposedly takes about 100 hours or more).

It's basically an MMORPG by design (the way the areas progress, there's harvesting and crafting etc.), but without the MMO part. The combat is action based. It's above average IMO, and some of the setting is pretty interesting, but it appears that it can be a bit grindy.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alcibiades

So... it's a skyrim clone or?  Phone research isn't the easiest.  :P

Just curious if you thought it was worth it, though 8 hours isn't much all things considered.  :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Syt

That's more because of my games ADD. :P I liked the setting well enough, and the combat is decent.

I liked it well enough, but it's not as open as Skyrim, if that's your gauge. It's much more MMO like - smaller, contained areas, connected with paths, plus quest hubs, with a level progression between areas. Think WoW map design.

Again, if you have to choose Skyrim or Amalur, choose Skyrim. If you have to choose between Fallout 3 and Amalur, choose Fallout 3.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

Amalur is like Skyrim Really Lite.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

Quote from: Alcibiades on June 23, 2014, 02:08:08 AM

I liked it. Fun Combat, ok story.

I bought Titanfall, it plays so much like UT that I couldn't pass up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Titanfall is a hoot on the sexybox one.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on June 22, 2014, 08:02:26 PM

Crap i'm like a drunkard in a dark room with this mod shit.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

That's sort of how I thought of you all the time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017